Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there are a lot of companies that offer aftermarket fairing sets for our bikes for around $600.

Are any of them any better than the others? Either quality, fitment, support from the vendor, etc?

Does anyone have pictures to share of a set on your bike?

·
BOTM Moderator
354 Posts
Hi sboom,
My 07 CBR has auctmart fairings. I've taken pieces on/off a few times and it fits well, where all the holes line up and such. The plastic isn't as good as OEM since I have had issues with the bottom piece melting because its right up against the exhaust. However, I probably didn't have proper insulation.

Here are two threads with bikes that have auctmarts fairings:

Hope this helps

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have posted my fairings before, but I have a 2005 and have purchased 3 sets from Auctmarts. Usually between $300 and $500 shipped. You can even make changes to any of their standard graphics. I have been pleased with the results...

First set....

Second set....

Third and current set.....

·
BOTM Moderator
354 Posts
I have posted my fairings before, but I have a 2005 and have purchased 3 sets from Auctmarts. Usually between $300 and $500 shipped. You can even make changes to any of their standard graphics. I have been pleased with the results...
Their current price is around 480, including some "free" stuff like screen and bolts. although, I think Arttury said his package was missing some.

How / when did you get a set or $300?

also, your selection with three colors is just great! If I buy a set, it will be in that combination.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I bought my first set probably about 11 years ago so $300 is not the current prices I'm sure. I just checked and their current prices for a 2005 is $530. Although, I think it was still less than $400 a year ago when I bought my last set. Like you say, they usually throw in a wind screen and some other goodies too. That's every piece of plastic on the bike, custom painted and shipped. Pretty hard to beat. I know there are other competitive brands out there, I just don't have any experience with them. It's a great way to keep your OEM plastic for a future sale and not be that worried about a mishap. It's fun to try different color schemes over the years. It's sort of like getting a new bike....real cheap!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I "heard" from my parts guy that literally all aftermarket plastics are made in the same Chinese plant. Different vendors have different paint schemes and under different names, charge different prices. On my 07, I felt like my auctmart plastic, the tail piece was going to explode putting it on. Bottom left did. Got it all together and next day came out to do rearsets and noticed it shattered overnight. I'm going back to OEM and yes I'm aware of the price. Piece by piece, not all at once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts