Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, does anyone have an aftermarket speedo on their CBR? 2010 CBR 1000RR I'm looking to replace mine - just to make it more personal (nothing wrong with the original, but I'm not too fond of the orange back light) Is it possible to only change the bulbs to get an custom look?

·
Registered
500 Posts
It is possible. Disassemble the dial and desolder the surface mount LED's then you can replace them with whatever color you want. Not easy if you lack experience with fine soldering work.

Reactions: DanteRSA

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe you have the analog one. There is a way to swap the next gen cluster to yours. IIRC, 2012+ cluster, retro fit to the previous generation. Mine came with it done, so I really can't speak as to what was involved. They did a bad job though so I'll be tearing the wiring apart and redoing it. Currently the way the wired it, it's got a really weak headlight connection to where I gotta mess with it a little bit to get them to come on at all.

Sorry kinda went on a tangent. Hope that helps a bit (y)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I believe you have the analog one. There is a way to swap the next gen cluster to yours. IIRC, 2012+ cluster, retro fit to the previous generation. Mine came with it done, so I really can't speak as to what was involved. They did a bad job though so I'll be tearing the wiring apart and redoing it. Currently the way the wired it, it's got a really weak headlight connection to where I gotta mess with it a little bit to get them to come on at all.

Sorry kinda went on a tangent. Hope that helps a bit (y)
If you do that you will end up with a digital display with a non-functioning gear indicator because the 2008-2011 bikes don't have a gear sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts