1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
would like advise,
1. do i need to adjust AFR - i have fitted a Yoshimure R77 with S-bend
2. if i do adjust the AFR - will the additional fuel and Air damage valve seats and piston rings in long run
3. ECU flash or PCV
a. ECU flash cost - USD490, the tuner willing to adjust Radiator fan values, Disable Exhaust Flapper motor and do dyno run and derestrict what ever necessary
b. PCV cost - USD450

Thanks
Hasan

·
Registered
510 Posts
Assuming this is for street.

Install PCV and download and use the map for that exhaust from PCV website, it will do the needed adjustment for you.

PCV more configurable than ECU in case you change the exhaust etc. It’s one time cost (you make the changes yourself on PVC or use appropriate map yourself) vs you have to pay to reflash ECU for any future changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming this is for street.

Install PCV and download and use the map for that exhaust from PCV website, it will do the needed adjustment for you.

PCV more configurable than ECU in case you change the exhaust etc. It’s one time cost (you make the changes yourself on PVC or use appropriate map yourself) vs you have to pay to reflash ECU for any future changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hi
thanks, will the PCV or ECU flash harm the engine in the long run, or are these bike engines designed to take that additional fuel increase

regards
Hasan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts