Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine is a 2019 Sc77 with K&N air filter and a titanium yoshi slip on pipe , View attachment 261509 made 183.6hp then after tuning got up to 192.6hp at the wheel. Was tuned by a Ozzy Ducati Superbike team and they expected low 180s after tuning but it ripped out big numbers straight away
that’s awesome bro. I’m about to go through a local popular tuner myself, Nicks performance. He tunes a lot of the bike here in S Fl.
so just air filter, a slip on and tune got you into the 190’s? That’s awesome bro. I just need to purchase some Velocity stacks and a filter and I’m ready for my tuner since I got my exhaust 6 weeks ago 🤦🏻‍♂️ Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don’t have an opinion on the power. But from experience, sometimes manufacturers will make a 1in a 1000 engine that’s more peppy. This happened to my buddies brand new 2017 (new when he got it) R1 a few years ago. Even Yamaha couldn’t believe the power the bike made in stock form. If someone has an explanation for this occurrence, I’d love to learn 🙋🏻‍♂️
Anyways I got my akra gp slip on ready, Ineed to flash ecu and I’m set. For now, no akra headers, I don’t want to fork out$1500 right now🤔

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just an update** I finally got my tune done this weekend. Only my Akra slip on, and a good tuner landed me 175rwph on a Axis Dyno that had the stacks/ram air blower. He’s making custom velocity stacks for me and I’ll get a filter in between then. He thinks I should see 180-185rwph, even with stock header setup. My buddies built ninja made 225rwph after me, and he says that was the same number off another dyno, so I’m assuming it’s somewhat accurate.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What kind "Ninja", a regular ZX10? or H2 or ?

If you could, post the dyno charts. I wonder what your curve and your friend's Ninja's power curve looks like.
To be honest, I never directly took a pic of the chart. I recorded all 11 of his dyno runs though. My buddies ninja is a zx10 2017 I believe. It’s a built motor, more details than that idk...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’m installing my Akra headers today as we speak. My 19 SP1 stock lambda sensor is too short. I borrowed one from my 15 Repsol non sp bike. Should this be any issue? Did anyone else have this short lambda sensor? Akra didn’t send a new one either and my local dealer said they don’t sell these longer. I know my tuner will probably flash it off but I’m wondering if this will give me any future issues.
btw these headers ain’t that easy to install, and I’m doing it with a retired mechanic haha.

·
Registered
152 Posts
well, if your flashing your ecu, the stock o2 wont be used... and i thought it was one of the easiest header installs on a bike, the SC82 was a bit more difficult due to the stupid bodywork fasteners.
Yes I worked it all out. I finally communicated with my tuner and he informed me the o2 sensor was already disabled from his original tune. Headers weren’t that easy, until I removed the radiator. It was a breeze after that. It was my first time removing the side fairings. It wasn’t that easy to remove or install compared to my 15 Repsol lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Question guys… I now have a full Akra system with no cat and a tune. Shouldn’t my bike be spitting flames?? My tuner said he would disable the fuel cut thing. Would it even matter if he did? 93 pump gas. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
152 Posts
your bike is going to run like poop.... Just have Paul (KCS) flash it and be happy as F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I’m tuned by a local buddy. He’s a popular SFL tuner, Nick of Nicks performance tuning. He’s popular with Ninja’s and Gsxr’s but he’s done other CBR’s. He’s really good at what he does. Do you really need to dyno the honda a unique way? He uses woolich, and a axis dyno. I made 181rwhp this past weekend. Just full exhaust, oem stacks and filter. Again no cat, so why no flames?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts