Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don’t have an opinion on the power. But from experience, sometimes manufacturers will make a 1in a 1000 engine that’s more peppy. This happened to my buddies brand new 2017 (new when he got it) R1 a few years ago. Even Yamaha couldn’t believe the power the bike made in stock form. If someone has an explanation for this occurrence, I’d love to learn 🙋🏻‍♂️
Anyways I got my akra gp slip on ready, Ineed to flash ecu and I’m set. For now, no akra headers, I don’t want to fork out$1500 right now🤔

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Ducati Superbike team tuned it. I’m pretty sure they know what they are doing :). Maybe one day I’ll chuck it on a another dyno somewhere. They did say that’s the best result they’ve seen on a blade. I have seen a couple reach 187hp before with just exhaust and filter changed too. My mate has a 2019 blade with the exact exhaust and filter as mine and his is making 181hp after his tune, big difference I know, but when we drag race there is a clear difference between the two and he is not a shit rider either.
Not saying they dont know what they are doing, im saying dyno numbers vary up to about 10-15hp. If you're Melbourne based chuck it on the dyno at Phil Tainton Racing and then post it up again ;)

·
Registered
2018 Honda CBR1000RR -- KCS Tune, Unrestricted, Akrapovic Ti header and Akrapovic Ti GP Slip-on.
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I finally got the balls to order the Akro Ti setup.

I went with Ti Header and Ti GP slip on.

KCS, I'm going to need a tune.

Can you do a tune for it without hitting the dyno, or would I need to bring it to you?

I want the derestrict tune, will remove those ram air block-offs and the Akro exhaust above.

What rwhp KCS tuned are we looking at here with all that done and your tune?

Once done, if we do remote mail order tune, I'll dyno locally just to see what it actually lays down!

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Its hard to say what your local dyno will show, but if the operator can really roll on the throttle and get full 65* of throttle grip angle before redline.you can get good numbers.
This Saturday a California KCS v2'0 tune put down 177rwhp

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just an update** I finally got my tune done this weekend. Only my Akra slip on, and a good tuner landed me 175rwph on a Axis Dyno that had the stacks/ram air blower. He’s making custom velocity stacks for me and I’ll get a filter in between then. He thinks I should see 180-185rwph, even with stock header setup. My buddies built ninja made 225rwph after me, and he says that was the same number off another dyno, so I’m assuming it’s somewhat accurate.

·
BOTM Moderator
477 Posts
Just an update** I finally got my tune done this weekend. Only my Akra slip on, and a good tuner landed me 175rwph on a Axis Dyno that had the stacks/ram air blower. He’s making custom velocity stacks for me and I’ll get a filter in between then. He thinks I should see 180-185rwph, even with stock header setup. My buddies built ninja made 225rwph after me, and he says that was the same number off another dyno, so I’m assuming it’s somewhat accurate.
What kind "Ninja", a regular ZX10? or H2 or ?

If you could, post the dyno charts. I wonder what your curve and your friend's Ninja's power curve looks like.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What kind "Ninja", a regular ZX10? or H2 or ?

If you could, post the dyno charts. I wonder what your curve and your friend's Ninja's power curve looks like.
To be honest, I never directly took a pic of the chart. I recorded all 11 of his dyno runs though. My buddies ninja is a zx10 2017 I believe. It’s a built motor, more details than that idk...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Its hard to say what your local dyno will show, but if the operator can really roll on the throttle and get full 65* of throttle grip angle before redline.you can get good numbers.
This Saturday a California KCS v2'0 tune put down 177rwhp

Wow! Full exhaust and other mods ?
Can't wait to try my v 2.0 now:)

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Its very common for the shop doing the work to have very optimistic dyno numbers. Not saying that T's bike didn't hit those numbers but I have heard this story a bunch of times. Then someone goes to a well calibrated well run dyno and think something is wrong with their bike. lol

·
Registered
2018 Honda CBR1000RR -- KCS Tune, Unrestricted, Akrapovic Ti header and Akrapovic Ti GP Slip-on.
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So by looking at this, the radiator has to be removed to get the stock header out and the Akro in?

·
Vendor
3,505 Posts
Loosened and tilted forward and to one side should be enough.

You can get by without removing the radiator completely hoses and all, no doubt its easier, but I have done it without removing the radiator hoses.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Progress!

Muffler off and the ECC junk!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

21 - 40 of 57 Posts