Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda CBR1000RR -- KCS Tune, Unrestricted, Akrapovic Ti header and Akrapovic Ti GP Slip-on.
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Header and cat are finally off!

Bike is beating my ass! Haha

Anyone know what to TQ these header nuts to?

I’ll say this...

These Akro headers are a PITA to install and if anyone tells you different, they’re FOS!

Ive had these things on and off so many times to line them up and all, I can’t count!

And I’m no noob to modding via LT’s and pipes on bikes, Mustangs, Camaro’s etc.

I’d rather them been like OEM where everything is already in place, just bolt them up and go!

/rant

Header and Y pipes on.

Took 2 days working off and on to get to this point, so if you do this, plan a weekend!

Gratz on getting them on... Really not sure why all the problems, the wife and i had this knocked pretty quickly. loosened the radiator and things went pretty simple. The biggest pain was getting the springs hooked up.
I did other mods, too.

Pulled ECU for KCS tune.

Removed rubber glued in ram air restrictors.

Removed electronic exhaust valve motor / electronics, and cables from under the seat.

But it was mostly lack of sleep.

How did you get them torqued? If you don't remove the radiator, can you get a torque wrench in there? Assuming you are using a wobble extension with a flex head socket? Does that not change the torque value since you're not coming at the nut straight on?
Didn't remove radiator.

I unbolted the radiator and pushed it forward, and then I unplugged and removed the fans.

I TQ'd every nut to spec and even got all the exhaust springs on with pliers.

But I suggest a spring hook to make life easier: https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0127-Heavy-Spring/dp/B000RG5UMA

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,378 Posts
Pretty sure Akrapovič has all the torque values with the installation instructions on their website. Even includes actual photos.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Gratz on getting them on... Really not sure why all the problems, the wife and i had this knocked pretty quickly. loosened the radiator and things went pretty simple. The biggest pain was getting the springs hooked up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How did you get them torqued? If you don't remove the radiator, can you get a torque wrench in there? Assuming you are using a wobble extension with a flex head socket? Does that not change the torque value since you're not coming at the nut straight on?

·
Registered
2018 Honda CBR1000RR -- KCS Tune, Unrestricted, Akrapovic Ti header and Akrapovic Ti GP Slip-on.
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Lack of sleep for days is one reason.

I also did other modes with it.

Pulled ECU for KCS tune.

Removed ram air restrictions.

I removed entire exhaust valve electronic thingy, cables and all.

Etc...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Unbolt radiator and push it forward.

Unhook fan connectors.

Remove fans, 3 bolts each.

You can tq every bolt that way.

Get a motion pro exhaust spring tool to make life easier.

I managed to get all the springs on with curved needle nose pliers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Got the ECU back from KCS today. (y)

Started it for like 10 seconds before leaving for work. She fired right up like stock and sounded sooooo good! :love:

Just need to get all the plastics back on and take it for a test ride.

I had he plastics and screws all properly laid out on a sheet and my wife moved everything and now all the screws are mixed up. So I might need some help figuring out where a few of them go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
ECU is in! Now to trying to remember how to get the plastic back together and where all the fasteners go. LOL

1FC469B8-C265-419C-857C-A5B5EB220BD4.jpeg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
delete

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Nice! Were these flames part of the ecu reflash ?
I didn’t ask former specifically, so no.

It was a cold start on 93 octane pump gas with some Torco High Octane race fuel additive.

20295AA2-0897-4614-AC7B-982C10B6B46E.jpeg

E0010F8C-DC0F-4F32-BB04-36B239E578AC.jpeg

96D793F3-675D-41B4-B4D1-5E3EEEA2ACF5.jpeg

41 - 57 of 57 Posts