Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda CBR1000RR -- KCS Tune, Unrestricted, Akrapovic Ti header and Akrapovic Ti GP Slip-on.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
How did you get them torqued? If you don't remove the radiator, can you get a torque wrench in there? Assuming you are using a wobble extension with a flex head socket? Does that not change the torque value since you're not coming at the nut straight on?
Unbolt radiator and push it forward.

Unhook fan connectors.

Remove fans, 3 bolts each.

You can tq every bolt that way.

Get a motion pro exhaust spring tool to make life easier.

I managed to get all the springs on with curved needle nose pliers.

Got the ecu back today. Started it for like 10 seconds before leaving for work. She fired right up like stock and sounded sooooo good! :love:

Just need to get all the plastics back on and take it for a test ride.

I had he plastics and screws all properly laid out on a sheet and my wife moved everything and now all the screws are mixed up. So I might need some help figuring out where a few of them go.

ECU is in! Now to trying to remember how to get the plastic back together and where all the fasteners go. LOL

·
Registered
2018 Honda CBR1000RR -- KCS Tune, Unrestricted, Akrapovic Ti header and Akrapovic Ti GP Slip-on.
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Nice! Were these flames part of the ecu reflash ?
I didn’t ask for it specifically, so no.

It was a cold start on 93 octane pump gas with some Torco High Octane race fuel additive.

Bottle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fluid Alcoholic beverage

Tire Automotive tire Drink Alcoholic beverage Cylinder

Automotive tire Tire Fluid Drink Gas

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
(y) I was thinking maybe this was related to some unburnt fuel causing the flames due to the ecu option 'fuel cut on decel'.
It’s a Expert tune v2.0 that I assume is for 93 pump, so adding race fuel makes it run more rich.

Going from 93 pump which has 10% Ethanol to VP C12 in my dirt bike, I always had to jet smaller on fuel.

A tank of VP C12 lasted longer on the trails as a result.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m installing my Akra headers today as we speak. My 19 SP1 stock lambda sensor is too short. I borrowed one from my 15 Repsol non sp bike. Should this be any issue? Did anyone else have this short lambda sensor? Akra didn’t send a new one either and my local dealer said they don’t sell these longer. I know my tuner will probably flash it off but I’m wondering if this will give me any future issues.
btw these headers ain’t that easy to install, and I’m doing it with a retired mechanic haha.

·
Registered
192 Posts
well, if your flashing your ecu, the stock o2 wont be used... and i thought it was one of the easiest header installs on a bike, the SC82 was a bit more difficult due to the stupid bodywork fasteners.

·
Registered
150 Posts
well, if your flashing your ecu, the stock o2 wont be used... and i thought it was one of the easiest header installs on a bike, the SC82 was a bit more difficult due to the stupid bodywork fasteners.
Yes I worked it all out. I finally communicated with my tuner and he informed me the o2 sensor was already disabled from his original tune. Headers weren’t that easy, until I removed the radiator. It was a breeze after that. It was my first time removing the side fairings. It wasn’t that easy to remove or install compared to my 15 Repsol lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
yeah i agree all the bodywork is a bit of a challenge till you get used to how honda does all their little tabs and snaps.. glad it all worked out

·
Registered
150 Posts
Question guys… I now have a full Akra system with no cat and a tune. Shouldn’t my bike be spitting flames?? My tuner said he would disable the fuel cut thing. Would it even matter if he did? 93 pump gas. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
150 Posts
your bike is going to run like poop.... Just have Paul (KCS) flash it and be happy as F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I’m tuned by a local buddy. He’s a popular SFL tuner, Nick of Nicks performance tuning. He’s popular with Ninja’s and Gsxr’s but he’s done other CBR’s. He’s really good at what he does. Do you really need to dyno the honda a unique way? He uses woolich, and a axis dyno. I made 181rwhp this past weekend. Just full exhaust, oem stacks and filter. Again no cat, so why no flames?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts