Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Akra Ti full system (‘18)

21K views 54 replies 15 participants last post by  CRVZYcbr 
#1 ·
I'm considering a full exhaust for my 2018 SC77.

Headers, no catalytic converter and muffler.

I'd like to go full Titanium to save weight also.

So which exhaust setup makes the most rwhp tuned?

Only other mods I plan to do along with the exhaust are remove those ram air restrictions and remove the throttle limitations (tune) so that it's actually giving me the throttle I command.

Please post dyno videos, dyno graph pictures and any other info you have.

Thanks!

#5 ·
So this combo will make the most power and most weight savings, right?

By my math from their website it's:

Ti Header with Ti GP slip on muffler = 6.6hp 8.8tq -4.2 lbs

vs

EVO full Ti at 4.9hp 6.8tq -3.0lbs.

#6 ·
So this combo will make the most power and most weight savings, right?

By my math from their website it's:

Ti Header with Ti GP slip on muffler = 6.6hp 8.8tq -4.2 lbs

vs

EVO full Ti at 4.9hp 6.8tq -3.0lbs.
So the improved HP number on the Slip-On Line (Titanium) S-H10SO18-CBT is vs. OEM exhaust. With the full system you're probably looking at around +6.5 HP improvement.
You'll need a tune to prevent engine damage.

#12 ·
that’s awesome bro. I’m about to go through a local popular tuner myself, Nicks performance. He tunes a lot of the bike here in S Fl.
so just air filter, a slip on and tune got you into the 190’s? That’s awesome bro. I just need to purchase some Velocity stacks and a filter and I’m ready for my tuner since I got my exhaust 6 weeks ago 🤦🏻‍♂️ Thanks in advanced.

#11 ·
Check with LDH.
I know he can still get Arata full systems for some bikes. They made the best, even better than Akra. Not sure if they make it for new 1k’s. Japan’s finest.
Arata does a full and slip on system for this bike... seen a few different versions... Problem is they suck for service, and answering questions and most things are built to order.. I planned on a Arata system, sent them picture of the exhaust i had seen of theirs on the same bike, but could not get a straight answer from them if that is what they would send, and no pictures from them to confirm the exhaust. From what i was told, Arata is now owned by some South African Guy, and he is working to get them back to be what they once were.

#19 ·
But if we assume the bike is just an outlier, what makes it an outlier?
Potentially all 8 injectors are perfectly balanced?
The bike is running a point or 2 higher compression?
The valves seat perfectly?
The engine is operating with less frictional losses?

The engine is rated 189hp at the crank by Honda. That equates to an anticipated 170 to 174rwhp.
So a 183rwhp stock measurement on the same scale would mean it is 13hp more powerful than all the other thousands SC77E engines that came off the line.
A line Honda prides itself to be making identical engines by the crate load.

That is a significant difference - that is like different camshafts or ported cylinder head or factory superbike exhaust system difference.
The question remains, what made it stronger?

Its not the intake system - they all use the same tubes, airbox, air filter and throttle bodies.
Its not the exhaust system as they all use the same headers, catalytic converter and muffler.
Its not the ECU as they all use the same ECU.

Then on top of that the tuner squeezed out another 10rwhp?

I have an SP2 with everything including the kitchen sink thrown at it and its just clearing 188rwhp.

Not saying its impossible, but... ;)

#21 ·
I don’t have an opinion on the power. But from experience, sometimes manufacturers will make a 1in a 1000 engine that’s more peppy. This happened to my buddies brand new 2017 (new when he got it) R1 a few years ago. Even Yamaha couldn’t believe the power the bike made in stock form. If someone has an explanation for this occurrence, I’d love to learn 🙋🏻‍♂️
Anyways I got my akra gp slip on ready, Ineed to flash ecu and I’m set. For now, no akra headers, I don’t want to fork out$1500 right now🤔

#23 ·
I finally got the balls to order the Akro Ti setup.

I went with Ti Header and Ti GP slip on.

I'm going to need a tune.

Can you do a tune for it without hitting the dyno, or would I need to bring it to you?

I want the derestrict tune, will remove those ram air block-offs and the Akro exhaust above.

What rwhp tuned are we looking at here with all that done and your tune?

Once done, if we do remote mail order tune, I'll dyno locally just to see what it actually lays down!

#25 ·
Just an update** I finally got my tune done this weekend. Only my Akra slip on, and a good tuner landed me 175rwph on a Axis Dyno that had the stacks/ram air blower. He’s making custom velocity stacks for me and I’ll get a filter in between then. He thinks I should see 180-185rwph, even with stock header setup. My buddies built ninja made 225rwph after me, and he says that was the same number off another dyno, so I’m assuming it’s somewhat accurate.

#37 ·
Header and cat are finally off!

Bike is beating my ass! Haha

Anyone know what to TQ these header nuts to?

I’ll say this...

These Akro headers are a PITA to install and if anyone tells you different, they’re FOS!

Ive had these things on and off so many times to line them up and all, I can’t count!

And I’m no noob to modding via LT’s and pipes on bikes, Mustangs, Camaro’s etc.

I’d rather them been like OEM where everything is already in place, just bolt them up and go!

/rant

Header and Y pipes on.

Took 2 days working off and on to get to this point, so if you do this, plan a weekend!

Gratz on getting them on... Really not sure why all the problems, the wife and i had this knocked pretty quickly. loosened the radiator and things went pretty simple. The biggest pain was getting the springs hooked up.
I did other mods, too.

Pulled ECU for tune.

Removed rubber glued in ram air restrictors.

Removed electronic exhaust valve motor / electronics, and cables from under the seat.

But it was mostly lack of sleep.

How did you get them torqued? If you don't remove the radiator, can you get a torque wrench in there? Assuming you are using a wobble extension with a flex head socket? Does that not change the torque value since you're not coming at the nut straight on?
Didn't remove radiator.

I unbolted the radiator and pushed it forward, and then I unplugged and removed the fans.

I TQ'd every nut to spec and even got all the exhaust springs on with pliers.

But I suggest a spring hook to make life easier: https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0127-Heavy-Spring/dp/B000RG5UMA

#39 ·
Gratz on getting them on... Really not sure why all the problems, the wife and i had this knocked pretty quickly. loosened the radiator and things went pretty simple. The biggest pain was getting the springs hooked up.

#41 ·
Unbolt radiator and push it forward.

Unhook fan connectors.

Remove fans, 3 bolts each.

You can tq every bolt that way.

Get a motion pro exhaust spring tool to make life easier.

I managed to get all the springs on with curved needle nose pliers.

Got the ecu back today. Started it for like 10 seconds before leaving for work. She fired right up like stock and sounded sooooo good! :love:

Just need to get all the plastics back on and take it for a test ride.

I had he plastics and screws all properly laid out on a sheet and my wife moved everything and now all the screws are mixed up. So I might need some help figuring out where a few of them go.

ECU is in! Now to trying to remember how to get the plastic back together and where all the fasteners go. LOL

#43 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.