Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just locked my 04rr deal yesterday at the dealer for monday delivery and I'm not very up to date on m/c security tech. I had one ripped about ten years ago and it was one of the most devastating things I ever went through. I'm determined to make my new honey a bitch to get! Anybody out there had any experience with gps systems? The Aritronix SR i500 sounds like a pretty hot set up for an up to date alarm system. I been pounding the net keys all morning. How bout some help dudes.........

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool info........Think I'm starting to lean towards the alarm/pager system. With the option outputs on some of these units, I can easily see the possibility of incorporating an electronically "triggered" device or two that would really change a sonofabitches day with minimal or no damage to the scooter....still reading....
Thanks man!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the SRi 500 installed on my 1000RR with all the added modules..a whole 2 modules i think ..hehe..anyway, its a great system, but like any alarm system it has problems...the only real problem is the pager feature..and it really isnt a problem unless you get to far away from the bike or get into a thick concrete building---in other words --line of sight is critical with the fm paging system
On the up side of the alarm the mass motion sensor add on module is really nice if you get it setup right no you dont get any false alarms.
The best feature of all is the anti jack module.It's a pain in the ass to tie into the system but makes it great if you get jacked off of it (which has happened to a buddy of mine) or if someone actually does get the ignition to fire you can remotely shut it down whether it is armed or not...if you have any questions feel free to send me an e-mail [email protected]ox.net i can send you pics and vids if you need them

·
Registered
79 Posts
VooDoo22 said:
I have the SRi 500 installed on my 1000RR with all the added modules..a whole 2 modules i think ..
I have the SRi500 also. but.. ummm.. where the F**K did you stuff all the control modules, etc?

I can;t use the trunk because I have 2 HID ballasts going in there, plus the PC-III/USB.

I (seriously) couldnt fit a cellphone in there if I had to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
VooDoo22 said:
oh yeah, i meant to ask what the hid ballasts are--are they something for the lights? or card access?
HID ballasts are the 25,000 volt "transformers" for true "xenon" bulbs. they are the bright blue lights found on modern BMW's, Audi's and M'Benz's, and some other wannabe luxury cars.

The phillips ballast is about 4x4x1.5"

this is what one looks like: http://www.xenondepot.com/images/product/XD-4k-9007_xlrg1.gif

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Pearl said:
VooDoo22 said:
I have the SRi 500 installed on my 1000RR with all the added modules..a whole 2 modules i think ..
I have the SRi500 also. but.. ummm.. where the F**K did you stuff all the control modules, etc?

I can;t use the trunk because I have 2 HID ballasts going in there, plus the PC-III/USB.

I (seriously) couldnt fit a cellphone in there if I had to.
How are you able to fit the HID lamps with the OEM reflector housing? I thought that since there was a reflector in front of the bult the HID lamp will not fit. Infact, I did try it myself with a set of H7 Philips D2R HID bulbs and it did hit the reflector. Did you find a way to modify? if so please share. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
ezlyf said:
How are you able to fit the HID lamps with the OEM reflector housing? I thought that since there was a reflector in front of the bult the HID lamp will not fit. Infact, I did try it myself with a set of H7 Philips D2R HID bulbs and it did hit the reflector. Did you find a way to modify? if so please share. Thanks
There are companies that modify the D2S bulb, putting a diffrent base on the lamp to get them ot fit. I had the kit on my 600RR, and the throw pattern was perfect, just about 3x as much light.

try: www.xenondepot.com for a kit. keep in mind that you need to extend the high voltage wires, and thats NOT an easy thing to do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VooDoo22 said:
I have the SRi 500 installed on my 1000RR with all the added modules..a whole 2 modules i think ..hehe..anyway, its a great system, but like any alarm system it has problems...the only real problem is the pager feature..and it really isnt a problem unless you get to far away from the bike or get into a thick concrete building---in other words --line of sight is critical with the fm paging system
On the up side of the alarm the mass motion sensor add on module is really nice if you get it setup right no you dont get any false alarms.
The best feature of all is the anti jack module.It's a pain in the ass to tie into the system but makes it great if you get jacked off of it (which has happened to a buddy of mine) or if someone actually does get the ignition to fire you can remotely shut it down whether it is armed or not...if you have any questions feel free to send me an e-mail [email protected] i can send you pics and vids if you need them
I ordered the full system (SR-I500SE) yesterday. It should be in Friday. I'll be checking your pics & may drop you an email if I get jammed but it looks pretty straight forward, I've got a couple of laps on me tuning & wiring. Thanks for your time & info.
By the way, did you use one of the plug-in harnesses made by Airtronix/Scorpio or just solder in everything?

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I ordered my system, they did not have a wire harness available for my bike---and I was not going to wait for them to make one.I did not solder anything in place..I used wire splices with thermal electrical tape just like they do on the factory wiring.The only tricky part of the installation was the anti jack..I tied mine directly through the kill switch.
The anti jack module is nothing more than a relay.It's that simple.when I ordered it, I was not expecting it to be anythingmore than just that.That is basically what i do for a living, make relays fire to lock or unlock doors for access.I reccomend going to home depot or some place as such, and buy about 6 feet of 22 gauge 2 conductor direct burial\aerial cable.this cable has a very thick jacket and on top of that, the wire is usually shielded( wrapped in foil ) for extra signal protection. you wont have to worry about any signals even if it were not shielded, but every little bit of insulation helps.E-mail me when you are prepping for the install and I will show where to tie into the kill switch, and also show you the color of the wire you need to tie into.Mine works like a champ, I even have a 30 second video clip of it in action!! :bounce:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.