Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made everything official yesterday. My deposit is down on the first (and probably only) black RR coming to my local dealer. It is a fairly small shop, but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. $5000 and my 2002 f4i OTD. I had stopped at the dealer I had purchased my first bike from on Friday, and they wanted $5890 plus my bike. Keep in mind that this includes a 5.1% sales tax. Both dealers said that the black bikes should be arriving late April/early May. It's going to be a long few weeks.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
not bad but how much did you have to come out of pocket with. 02 f4i's are going for like 5500-6500 dep on miles. Was your f4i paid for? and are you going to finance the rest?

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BigRome said:
not bad but how much did you have to come out of pocket with. 02 f4i's are going for like 5500-6500 dep on miles. Was your f4i paid for? and are you going to finance the rest?
I only owe about 1000 on my f4i. My payment is actually going to be less on the 1000RR than I am paying now (about 135/month). The cheapest I could find a 1000rr around this area was close to $11,000 OTD. That's actually $9999 for the bike plus setup, tax, title, licence, etc. I figured I would have needed to get about $6000 for my bike if I sold it to break even. I might have been able to, but considering you can buy a new '04 for about $7100, I think it would have been tough. Plus this way, I know I will have a bike to ride until my new one comes in.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I dont think an 02 f4i is worth 6500. I think you are getting a pretty good deal there. I dont think I could get more than 6500 for my 03 600rr. Figure you lose a grand as soon as you drive away from the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.