Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of ordering a pair online. The last pair of Alpinestars I had were a Euro size 44 (9.5 U.S.). My Sidi Vertabrae are Euro 45 (10.5 U.S.). In a normal shoe I usually wear a 10-10.5. ....closer to the Sidi. My question is...do Alpinestars run small?? If anyone has a pair, how close are they to you normal size???

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm picking up my alpinestars tomorrow. I hope I got the size right but I can't remember what size I ordered. I errored on the larger size. My U.S. size is 9.5-10 depending on brand. I got my fingers crossed. Will let you guys know if they fit or not.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My boots just arrived from FedEx......I love them. Just wanted to let everyone know...if you wear a 10.5 shoe, go with the 44/9,5 boot...they fit perfect. I talked to a Alpinestars dealer and he said that they're boots fit with your normal size, EXCEPT for the 10-10.5 range...they fit small. He was right.

·
Mmmmmm, cookies!
61 Posts
I have a pair of SMX+'s and Sidi Verts, both are a 44 and fit just fine. Just make sure you get the second generation SMX's as the first gen had those stupid little metal things on the inside of the heel that scratched the shit out of my swingarm.

D-Dub

G

·
I wear a 10.5 shoe, so I assumed to order a 10.5 SMX Plus boot, but it ended up too big...so now I'm wearing a 9.5 boot...and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it too large for me ?

I've just order online a size 9 US ( 43 eur size). I didn't have the chance to try it at a local dealer. Usually, I wear a 42.5 eurosize for my sport shoes, so it's just between a 8 and 9 US size. Is the size 9 too large for me? Must we wear a race boot like a helmet : => very tight ???

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 9 may fit fine...I just know that in the 10-10.5 range they run small then back to normal as the size changes. As for wearing them tight....I'd say at least snug (comfortable) You don't want them loose to wear it affects your riding.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.