Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We gave it all weekend to test and beatup and it's looking good. You click the reply button and look on the bottom.

Browse to find the attachment, make a comment and click Add Attachment and you're all set. We will be tweaking as we go but so far so good. Enjoy!

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Just a suggestion here, but you might want to put a limit on the pixel size and/or memory size of the file. I know disk space is cheap, but it's sometimes a lot easier to make the pic no larger than 600X800 just for ease of browsing the forum. Larger pics extend the text off to the right on the entire page and then you have to scroll over to read the ends of the lines of text.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gRReg said:
Just a suggestion here, but you might want to put a limit on the pixel size and/or memory size of the file. I know disk space is cheap, but it's sometimes a lot easier to make the pic no larger than 600X800 just for ease of browsing the forum. Larger pics extend the text off to the right on the entire page and then you have to scroll over to read the ends of the lines of text.
Absolutely. Some of the current specifics are:
Maximum filesize for Attachments = 256k
Maximum Disk Space ALL Attachments can hold on your Webspace = 50m
Maximum Filesize in Private Messages Folder = 256k
Maximum Number of Attachments per post = 3
Maximum number of Attachments in one Private Message = 1

All these are dynamic (meaning I am scrutinizing them) and if they begin to degrade server performance too much we'll tweak from there. Visual size is something we should always be concerned about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.