Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to say thanks for those who answered my questions especially "dmcldjr" for answering all my pms :th_salute:

Stacked the ballast on top of each other with 3m adhesives and taped it to the left. Igniters taped together as well and threw everything in between the headlights. I would recommend stuffing as much wires in between the headlights if you can makes install much easier. Made another aluminum bracket to double secure the parts.
Biggest challenge wasnt removing the fairings or putting them back it was getting the wires all tucked in without them dangling. Also made a kill switch for the healights.

Quick question am I able to adjust the high beams to the same level as the other head light? I did lower it a bit but not sure how far it will go dont want to end up breaking the light by turning it too much.

·
1000RR White Repsol
99 Posts
Very nice job.

Installed mine the same way (exept i put 1 ballast on the left side, and 1 one the right and put the wires between them)

I was wondering about the adjustment of the high beam too.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
You can adjust the light as far down as it can go without breaking anything. The adjuster bolt will get to a point that you can't turn it anymore. That is obviously the end of your adjustment range.

·
1000RR White Repsol
99 Posts
You can adjust the light as far down as it can go without breaking anything. The adjuster bolt will get to a point that you can't turn it anymore. That is obviously the end of your adjustment range.

Thought so because i did the same thing with my 07 600RR and it was no problem (only i didnt installed xenon, only made the two light burn at the same time)

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys, I run Xenarc HIDs(make the Lincoln HIDs and headlamps for the Ford Lightnings) in my F150 which is a whole new housing and facotry plug-n-play harnesses/ballasts and LOVE this setup. I will never own another vehicle with out HIDs as much as I can help it. With that said, I really want to set my new bike up with them (assuming somone around here can come up with an 09 1000RR for me).

What kits are you running or recommend? Any issues and how much of a plug and play setup is it?

Pics look great by the way!

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Thanks for the post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts