Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see what are the options in terms of mounting a phone on this bike, maybe someone here has figured something out, as there is not much space on the handlebars.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There are plenty of options that attach into the steering stem. Just pop the plastic cap off. RAM and Techmount make kits. Others have just gone to a hardware store and worked things out with a few bolts and a rubber stopper as a compression fitting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here's what I came up with. Consisting of part of a Garmin mount, a plastic garden hose cap, and a piece of a rubber bicycle tire tube to keep it wedged into the stem. (GPS shown, but phone is just as easy)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased a stem mount on Alibaba for like $5. It's awesome!!!!! uses a compression bolt to tighten into the stem hole. has a Ram mount ball. I bought this because I had previously purchased the ram mount stem mount and it sucks! no matter how you mount it, it spins and does not hold the device (phone or whatever) in the same place. The Alibaba one works like a charm and it's only $5. I liked it so much that I bought 3 more for my other sportbikes. enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts