Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ride with a buddy who has the zx10, his is already broken in with a Muzzy slip on and power commnader. I can't wait til mine is broken so we can roll.

It is a light bike, but quality seems to lack on a few parts. He already has problems with the passenger seat lifting up, somthing to do with the velcro, other than it is a sweet bike.

·
Registered
196 Posts
1stjax1000rr said:
I ride with a buddy who has the zx10, his is already broken in with a Muzzy slip on and power commnader. I can't wait til mine is broken so we can roll.

It is a light bike, but quality seems to lack on a few parts. He already has problems with the passenger seat lifting up, somthing to do with the velcro, other than it is a sweet bike.
Make sure you give us a DETAILED report about these two bikes asap!! Swap rides and all. Do a good comparison about the both of you on each others bikes.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The ZX10 really is a pretty sweet bike, I got to ride on this weekend. Very light feeling, (as light as the 600rr) much lighter than the 1000rr. The Digital Tach is pretty cool, and responds quickly (which is my biggest fear concerning digital guages). My only complaint is the styling. The tail-section of the ZX10 is sweet looking with the stock undertail, but the rest of the bike struck me as lacking in the way of style. The one I rode was Kawasaki green and black, and there just seemed to be way too much black. Pair that up with very ordinary lines, and a beefy (as in thick) rear swingarm and you have a porky profiled traditional bike. The bike is 10x more exciting to ride, than to look at, but what can I say, I'm a squid.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Rode with a guy last weekend, he was on his FJR because he wrecked on the track with his new R1. He talked about the front end being light/nervous and it tank slapping coming out of a turn.

And from what I've read about the Kawi, the front end wants to go airborne all the time. :thumbdow: So I guess the squids will love it. :D

The CBR seems to be the most stable, which is the most important thing. They are all way overkill, and way too fast.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SexfreakR6 wrote:
TLS-RR wrote:
Haven't seen any of the new 1000s (ZX/R1) out just curious if anyone has riden one of them or been out riding with one?

Another newbie

Easy on the newbs, R1 rider.
Thought this was a Honda based forum sorry if I offened your mighty Yamaha SexfreakR6. No offense taken here!! :pimp:

·
Registered
203 Posts
New 1000rr

I saw and I have a RED/Balck one coming! :D They look awsome and feel really close to the 600rr as far as overall positioning of the rider. I have not heard one, nor have I ridden one. But from what I have read, they should be quite a machine. The fit and finish are first rate typical Honda. If you ahve seen the 600rr, the 1000rr is basically the same bike on steriods.

·
Registered
142 Posts
TLS-RR said:
SexfreakR6 wrote:
TLS-RR wrote:
Haven't seen any of the new 1000s (ZX/R1) out just curious if anyone has riden one of them or been out riding with one?

Another newbie

Easy on the newbs, R1 rider.
Thought this was a Honda based forum sorry if I offened your mighty Yamaha SexfreakR6. No offense taken here!! :pimp:
I was just razzin' Sexfreak a bit. lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: Anybody ride or ride with any of the "other" 1

Back to the original question

TLS-RR said:
Haven't seen any of the new 1000s :monkey_p: (ZX/R1) :monkey_p: out just curious if anyone has riden one of them or been out riding with one?
One of the core members of our group bought the new R1 in red just before I got my bike. I havn't traded bikes with him due to never seeing him because the weather has sucked here. I would assume that within the next month there will be several R1's and ZX-10's in my group. Our group is huge (150+ members), so we usually end up with a few of each bike rolling around.

Side note: First time we pulled up into the same location, I parked right next to him. Everyone walked over to check out my bike, rather than his. I was very surprised. I really liked the red R1 when I first saw it, but after looking at the two of them side by side, I don't care much for it anymore. I'm usually pretty good at being un-biased about things like this too. I'm really glad I waited.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea i chased one guy down ,and had him pull over to talk with him.I told him i was about to go hit some twistys did he want to go_Of course he declined and said he was still breaking in his bike.he was on a new R1. :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.