Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone already has a full system on the RR mated to a PC or not?

What where the results? And more important, how is the driveability on the street?

I´m thinking of ordering the full Akrapovic but noticed that almost every powercurve with a full system tend to loose below 4500rpm wich doesn´t bother me much, what is important is to keep drivivebility and smothness, no stutter or judder is what I want. With a few poonies loss below 4000rpm I can live with just not with hesitation to the throttle.

Any input from anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Im waiting for the Full Ti from Yoshi :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
waiting on a full ti evo akra system. i dont know what the micron are selling for but i think they are around a grand and are stainless in construction no?

the all stainless akrapovic is also around a grand and in my opinion better quality than most others. never seen and arata in person but they do look nice in pics. i think i saw somewhere that they will cost 1400 USD or so and they wont even stick out the back of the bike in a straight line. seems like the evo i have coming for less than that is the better choice afterall.
 

·
crotch rocket
Joined
·
589 Posts
The Micron has a stainless steel header/pipes, & various muffler types. The serpent system with Ti muffler is about 11.3 lbs lighter than stock. According to Akrapovic's website, their racing system is about 11.5 lbs lighter than stock, and the evo system is about 13.5 lbs lighter than stock. From what I've read, stainless is heavier, but it's stronger so the pipes can be made thinner than with Ti. However, the Ti pipes are still usually somewhat lighter.

The cheapest price I've found for Micron is IndySuperbikes.com, w/ Ti muffler for $862.95 + shipping (about $30 to me).

For reference, IndySuperbikes has the Akra evo for $1436.95 & the full Race system for $1166.95. Others may have Akra for less. They also have the Yoshi RS5 full system w/ Ti muffler for $724.95.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CBÄR said:
My friend have Akrapovic full titanium. 2200Eur here in Finland . .
Lower noise than mine Arrow slip-On, havent try if more powerfull.
Wow that´s expensive :yikes: it only costs 1800€ here in Portugal.
And in Germany they go for 1600€.

How is the drivivebility and smothness on the street with that Akra?
Any stutter or judder? Does he have a Power Comander installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Arata on order here!

The power (over the entire range), weight (full TI), sound and build quality of Arata is just awesome. I had one on my 954, and should have one on the 1000rr in 10 days or so!

Akra, IMO, only gives gains up top, and is expensive.

I will say that the Laser is a good looking exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mako said:
Arata on order here!

The power (over the entire range), weight (full TI), sound and build quality of Arata is just awesome....

Akra, IMO, only gives gains up top, and is expensive...
Have you seen any dyno charts and info regarding the 1000rr to suport that?

Cause every chart I saw up until today of a full system on the new RR, will only add power from 4000rpm onwards with a slight drop below that. Regardless of make. Anyways gains from 4000 on is not top end to me. It is more midrange...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
EE8 said:
Mako said:
Arata on order here!

The power (over the entire range), weight (full TI), sound and build quality of Arata is just awesome....

Akra, IMO, only gives gains up top, and is expensive...
Have you seen any dyno charts and info regarding the 1000rr to suport that?

Cause every chart I saw up until today of a full system on the new RR, will only add power from 4000rpm onwards with a slight drop below that. Regardless of make. Anyways gains from 4000 on is not top end to me. It is more midrange...
Not sure I speak Yoda, but I do know about Arata from my 954. On the 954, the Arata and the Hindle produced the best and broadest gains across the powerband. I did before and after dynos on the 954 (no I cannot post them as I sold the bike and gave the dynos to the buyer) and it clearly showed broad gains (with PCiii) across the powerband: SAE 11.8rwhp; SAE 4rwtrq. The only dip was at about 4000 rpms and it was from removal of a certain stock exhaust piece not present in the new system. This small deadspot was never an issue, as the only time I felt it was on the odd slow roll off where I bogged the bike for some reason. Most of the time, you blow right through the spot as you roll on throttle.

The Arata 1000rr system is full TI, a fair (but now higher) price, excellent build quality, great sounding, and will deliver excellent power. By all means, get what you like, but I have put my $$$ down on the Arata.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mako said:
EE8 said:
Mako said:
Arata on order here!

The power (over the entire range), weight (full TI), sound and build quality of Arata is just awesome....

Akra, IMO, only gives gains up top, and is expensive...
Have you seen any dyno charts and info regarding the 1000rr to suport that?

Cause every chart I saw up until today of a full system on the new RR, will only add power from 4000rpm onwards with a slight drop below that. Regardless of make. Anyways gains from 4000 on is not top end to me. It is more midrange...
Not sure I speak Yoda, but I do know about Arata from my 954. On the 954, the Arata and the Hindle produced the best and broadest gains across the powerband. I did before and after dynos on the 954 (no I cannot post them as I sold the bike and gave the dynos to the buyer) and it clearly showed broad gains (with PCiii) across the powerband: SAE 11.8rwhp; SAE 4rwtrq. The only dip was at about 4000 rpms and it was from removal of a certain stock exhaust piece not present in the new system. This small deadspot was never an issue, as the only time I felt it was on the odd slow roll off where I bogged the bike for some reason. Most of the time, you blow right through the spot as you roll on throttle.

The Arata 1000rr system is full TI, a fair (but now higher) price, excellent build quality, great sounding, and will deliver excellent power. By all means, get what you like, but I have put my $$$ down on the Arata.
Hey Mako, you definatly don´t speak yoda 8)
I wasn´t dissing or anything just asking if you had suport to your statement. And as is, you don´t!
I hate when people try to back up some comment with things that have nothing in common like comparing the engine of the former blade with the new one.
If the Arata works on the 954 that does not mean it will automaticly work better than the rest on the 1000rr.
I´m on order for an Akra, wich does not mean I couldn´t change my mind, hence the question of some fact/chart on your part. At least I´m not buying blind on faith alone. I´m not brand loyal I could also go leovince or arata or devil or arrow or whatever... but I like to know, at least aproximatly, what I´m buying.
And regarding price and quality as a matter of fact it is cheaper for me to get any european brand than a jap or american brand.

Peace and sorry if I stepped on somebody´s foot here, it wasn´t in the least my intention. :thumbup:
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top