Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The first bikes came out 7 days ago, jumping the gun a little bit. :)
Most people seem fairly happy with stock exhaust. I think everyone's kinda waiting to see more pics and performance numbers before going after anything.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Give it time, as the suppy rises, the demand will reduce rsulting in possible better prices. Also, lets them refine the product after the initial release.

I;m spendign my money in other areas right now, I'll wait on the exhaust. Going gor the gear, tank locker, pc3, bar/frame/swingarm sliders, paint the lowers etc. etc.

·
Registered
356 Posts
SkinDragger said:
Yeah, I agree. Give it time, as the suppy rises, the demand will reduce rsulting in possible better prices. Also, lets them refine the product after the initial release.

I;m spendign my money in other areas right now, I'll wait on the exhaust. Going gor the gear, tank locker, pc3, bar/frame/swingarm sliders, paint the lowers etc. etc.
I'm dying to see a pic of your bike with the red lowers! Post Pics ASAP!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am looking now, I'll let you all know what gains I got if I get any.

I plan on doing a dyno stock then after the exhaust. I'll let you all know.

I am not doing much just a slip on and maybe a PC.

I agree with you all the stock exhaust looks good but I prefer the loudness of the aftermarket exhaust.

I simple don't want any elderly folks running me over because they did not hear or see me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
1stjax1000rr said:
I simple don't want any elderly folks running me over because they did not hear or see me.
If you're hoping that having a loud pipe will do good in keeping you safe, it wont. Almost all of the sound is to the side or behind you while almost all of your threats come from the front. The noise from a loud pipe can be harmful as you cant hear as well as without.
Just FYI.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hey thats not what the local Harley dealer told me!!!!!

:lol2
If you're hoping that having a loud pipe will do good in keeping you safe, it wont. Almost all of the sound is to the side or behind you while almost all of your threats come from the front. The noise from a loud pipe can be harmful as you cant hear as well as without.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.