Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jarrod here from Boston, been riding all my life. Most recently a 929 stock and also these two in the picture 03 Kawasaki Ninja 636 and 02 Suzuki GSXR600 Telefonica edition. I hope you like the front picture of the two bikes and now on to why I made this thread.. I put my deposit down at North Reading Honda in MA and I am purchasing this on Friday the bike will be in. A 2004 BLACK CBR1000RR it just sounds great! I own a business I started when I was 14 so I always research and do all my homework with follow-through and this forum is a great resource which I will share all of my tips with. So now when I go in on friday to purchase this bike is there anything I should know? When I bought the 03 Ninja I got $300 off my helmet and no deal on parts after my bike purchase. The bike came with seat and cowl. I paid MSRP for it and financed it to get good credit. Now I hear this 1000RR comes with a seat and no cowl unless you purchase it seperately? Please share your tips and strategies to get the most out of this 1000RR purchase. I will keep coming back to this forum because I LOVE HONDA and enjoying life. I still have my starter 94 XR80 and 98 CR125.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes it's true you have to buy the rear seat cowl. MSRP is $180, you can get them online for $145-$155. I think cost on them is around $116. Here's the part numbers:

08F74-MEL-110 ----- RED R258

08F74-MEL-120 ----- BLACK NH1

08F74-MEL-140 ----- SILVER NH411M

For parts and accessories, all the dealers around here give you 20% off for life when you buy a new bike from them. I don't know why your dealer couldn't do the same.

As far as the bike goes, see here for bargaining info: http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=336

Oh, one more thing. I heard Honda just instated an additional $200 kickback on this model last week. A little extra incentive to ramp up unit sales.

Hope that helps! :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IronNutz said:
Yes it's true you have to buy the rear seat cowl. MSRP is $180, you can get them online for $145-$155. I think cost on them is around $116. Here's the part numbers:

08F74-MEL-110 ----- RED R258

08F74-MEL-120 ----- BLACK NH1

08F74-MEL-140 ----- SILVER NH411M

For parts and accessories, all the dealers around here give you 20% off for life when you buy a new bike from them. I don't know why your dealer couldn't do the same.

As far as the bike goes, see here for bargaining info: http://www.1000rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=336

Oh, one more thing. I heard Honda just instated an additional $200 kickback on this model last week. A little extra incentive to ramp up unit sales.

Hope that helps! :D
Iron this helped a lot now I have an accurate price chart to see how much money they will make from my deal and to use this as a bargaining chip. I appreciate your feedback so thank you and I will be sure to have pictures up very soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Jarrod, got mine for $12k. 5 Year Warranty, Shoei X11 Norick 5 graphic Helmet, First Gear "Honda" jacket, Joe Rocket GPX gloves and 20% off all parts/accessories for life. Dropped 6k down and financed the rest. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update,
thank you for all your help guys. This is what ended up happening when I purchased the bike Friday 04/30/04:
out the door price: $11,000 I put $2000 down and financed through a credit union for a loan. They gave me 5.5% interest over 60 months. I did not like any of their helmets so I'm buying a new one online a Shoei Z-Two Viking and a black Icon motorhead jacket. However I also got 20% off all parts and my first two services free. I am psyched! I will have pictures when I pick the bike up somewhere around May 10th or sooner. I am anxious yet patient.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mtc said:
Congrats Jarrod.

Man its gonna be a long 9 days for you. Put up some pics when you get the bike.
Thank you. This will be a long time but I am a patient man and I will definitely show you some awesome pictures and also video first thing when I the bike.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jarrod said:
mtc said:
Congrats Jarrod.

Man its gonna be a long 9 days for you. Put up some pics when you get the bike.
Thank you. This will be a long time but I am a patient man and I will definitely show you some awesome pictures and also video first thing when I the bike.
Yea, I guess knowing when your gonna pick it up is better than not even knowing when its gonna arrive.

·
Registered
738 Posts
You did well.....plus being it's a new release, they'll tell everyone that they can't budge much on the price....you and I know different, but that's what the'll say. I guess they know that if we don't buy them, someone else will for what they're asking. Be careful and have fun!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thorn92 said:
You did well.....plus being it's a new release, they'll tell everyone that they can't budge much on the price....you and I know different, but that's what the'll say. I guess they know that if we don't buy them, someone else will for what they're asking. Be careful and have fun!!!
nice that's right. Thanks a lot same to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.