Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on attending the "school of speed" next sat. and doing my first track day. anybody else plan on going?

obviously it really depends on the weather though. but I am getting prepped just in case I can actually make it.

got the couple of things safetey wired they require (oil plug, filler cap, and filer) also worked on the suspension a bit more today.... I had to bump up the rear spring 2 spots (up to the 6th setting) to get proper sag in the rear.. I think that will help with my tendency to drift wide in tighter turns.

only thing really left now is to pull the mirrors off, the plate and blinkers in the rear, and maybe the rear pegs. oh and tape up the headlight and tail light.

also, since I am still on the factory qualifiers any tips for tire pressures?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I had no problems with my factory qualifiers.. I run them at 30 front and rear at right of the track temp.

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip... I noticed with my increased rear preload that the bike reads my mind when I turn.....I couldnt believe the difference it made after only 1 short ride. cant wait to get some warmer temps and ride it for real!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
If both of you guys are going, I might drive up to watch for a while. I refuse to give money to trackaddix so I won't be riding, but it would be nice to meet you guys and take a look at your swingarm in person.

·
blah
4,338 Posts
try and have someone take photos f you while riding (especially corners) and review them after every session, it will help you identify things to work on, and speed up the learning curve, even beter yet if either of you have a camera and mount record each other and review. good luck and keep the ruber down :thumbsup:

·
carbonated
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmff Not so fond memories of MAM

yowsa...what area of the track did that happen at??

well, the weather isnt looking great, and I am kinda getting frustrated with track addix.. 3 emails with no replies with general questions. so its gonna come down to the last minute on wether or not I go.

on the flip side though, the following weekend is a NESBA track day at Blackhawk farms... and they have been great with communication. guess we will have to see.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Well, Trackaddix just canceled this weekends trackday and rescheduled for the third weekend of month. Not too surprising, they say weather, but it was probably low registration numbers. At least they gave three days warning this time.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Nesba (MPH, HPT, Iowa speedway, MAM, and others) and Ducati Omaha (only at MAM and are sometimes work with Trackaddix) are really the only other organizations in the area. HPT used to have its own school and trackdays but the instructor who ran the whole thing retired last year and I don't know if they have picked it back up. I ride with Nesba.

As far as Trackaddix, many of the local guys don't like them because they basically strongarmed MAM into stopping motomania because they felt they could/would force people to use them instead. They have contracts with MAM that basically make it very restrictive for anyone else to offer trackdays unless you work with/through them. From what I have been told, they had similar contracts with MPH too, but they ended up canceling a couple of trackdays there too last year because of low regestration, and now Nesba has a couple of days there this year. Last year I pitted next to a couple of guys from Iowa at the last Nesba MAM trackday and they were there because they only found out the Friday night before their MPH trackday that they had canceled it because of low regestration, but were able to save their weekend by riding with NESBA. NESBA days are much more organized and much more professional that TA days. It should be noted that I haven't been to a TA trackday in 2 years, so may be things have changed, but from what I hear from other people, it hasn't.

Ducati Omaha guys are a good bunch of people and they have multiple days at MAM this summer, the only down side is that they only ride at MAM.

You should check out mwmotorcycles.com it is a local forum for Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas. It has some good info, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic/posts.

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
Well, Trackaddix just canceled this weekends trackday and rescheduled for the third weekend of month. Not too surprising, they say weather, but it was probably low registration numbers. At least they gave three days warning this time.
Or it could be the fact that its raining, strong winds and a possibility for snow or at least it looks like that from my window...NESBA will be out there on the weekend of the 25th, so I'm hoping weather will be better then. Anyone else going then? I want to give trackaddix a try this time around, just hope I don't lose any money.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Or it could be the fact that its raining, strong winds and a possibility for snow or at least it looks like that from my window...NESBA will be out there on the weekend of the 25th, so I'm hoping weather will be better then. Anyone else going then? I want to give trackaddix a try this time around, just hope I don't lose any money.
They were right, the weather was crap this weekend, but nice sunny weather hasn't kept them from canceling in without much notice in the past.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Wow lots of positive feedback about trackaddictx. Are they really that bad to deal with and what's the other options for midwest track days?
I was signed up also, and when dean (Track addix) called and cancelled i opted (3 options rescheduled-full refund-differant event) to switch to mph on the 2nd and 3rd.
I have been to two track days (school of speed at mph and moto Monday at mam) and have enjoyed both. I see nesba is at mph and look forward to trying out thier track days also.

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
They were right, the weather was crap this weekend, but nice sunny weather hasn't kept them from canceling in without much notice in the past.
Yeah I've heard some of the horror stories of the past and that's why I was concerned about losing money. MAM is so close that I almost can't pass up an opportunity to ride there. They are supposed to be under new management and better than before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts