Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to see what the new system looks like installed and went looking today. In Japan, where it is made, the company uses the name Striker and I was able to find their website. I did try and find a dyno chart but was unable to, maybe they will have one posted later.

I do like the way it looks, just need to get one now!! :D :D

Here are the 2 photos that I found on their website.

If you are wanting to see the website, here is the link.
http://www.striker.co.jp/jpn/

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are killing me with, "oh it cost so much for a full system." The slip-on's are running 350 to 500, that is not real cheap.

A full system will get you 10-12 hp, just a little more than double the slip-on price and hp gain and you will drop some weight. To me, my opinion, it all about the same.

I think you really get what you pay for, I have heard nothing but great things on the Arata and that is why I want one.

Motorcycles are my passion, hard to be level headed when you have just bought a cool new model, you want all the trick sh*t. My girlfriend thinks I am nuts and I agree but it sure makes things fun.

Check out Starcycle.com. Arata full system for 1195.95, that is deal!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That's a pretty good price on that system, but remember +$300 P.C. +$300 Custom map + Shipping = $$ to HP ratio that is a friggin joke. We've already been all through this, but you are better off doing engine work cost/benefit wise if you really want more HP. I would love the Arata setup too, but I think I'll take that money and put it towards track time. But hey, good luck using that extra 10 HP.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IronNutz said:
That's a pretty good price on that system, but remember +$300 P.C. +$300 Custom map + Shipping = $$ to HP ratio that is a friggin joke. We've already been all through this, but you are better off doing engine work cost/benefit wise if you really want more HP. I would love the Arata setup too, but I think I'll take that money and put it towards track time. But hey, good luck using that extra 10 HP.
You are not required to get a Custom map and shipping is not that much. A good set of track tires is better than $300.00. Engine work? nope, not going to mess with a rock solid engine that will run almost forever. Spending money on a bike is relative, if you want it and you have the extra money than it is not a problem.

I saved a grand on the MSRP any how, so I will buy something.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Dragger said:
IronNutz said:
You are not required to get a Custom map and shipping is not that much. A good set of track tires is better than $300.00. Engine work? nope, not going to mess with a rock solid engine that will run almost forever. Spending money on a bike is relative, if you want it and you have the extra money than it is not a problem.

I saved a grand on the MSRP any how, so I will buy something.
Responses in order:

Sure, not required, but why spend the money if you aren't taking advantage of it?

Shipping on a full system should be $35-60+ dollars depending on distance.

I don't know who you buy your track tires through, but I'm guessing you aren't buying them from the race organizers. All the clubs I run with give a discount, about $250 for Pilot Race's installed. Hell I can get Pilot 1800 Slicks installed for $280.

I wouldn't do any engine work either, the point was to show you that $$ to HP gain was minimal compared to any other mod.

I'm not trying to convince you to not buy the full system, you spend your money on whatever you think is worthwhile. I'm just trying to show you the other side of things.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man, your like the "fun police".

There is no need to buy hardly anything for these bikes because they are built well but we all want better stuff.

I can see both sides, I only bought a slip-on for my 929RR but now I want a full system for the 1000RR. Will I use that extra 10hp, not much but when I want to it will be a nice kick in the a**. It will also get rid of the heavy stock exhaust.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Depends on what you think wasting money is. My girlfriend thinks a lot of my motorcycle stuff is wasting more. I do not think buying an exhaust is wasting money, I work hard for it and buy what I want. The stock exhaust is just uglyto me and has to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.