Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Creeper
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Armor all shouldn't hurt stock plastics right? Are they cast in that color? My bike unfortunately sees the weather 24/7 now till later this year, can't even park it in the shade. Is there anything better to use? Also anyone know of a decent affordable cover I saw 1 at a shop nearby kinda pricey and I don't want to get the hardware store discount blue tarp (might be kind of a theft detereant now that I think of it, disguise it as a 999cc liquid cooled wheelbarrow). Wanted to ask some old guys :hail: before I went to town on everything plastic/rubber even the tires (tires lmao j/ks :th_SmlyROFL: ).

·
Registered
676 Posts
dont use armor all on your plastics. If your gna use a protectant Repsol makes a Silicone Spray that you put on everything. Much better. If you cant get it local pm me and i can get you some

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Trust me buy a decent cover for your bike, It will actually stay on and keep everything from fading especially in the sun!! Use a spray polish or wax Honda spray polish is really popular....

Also a decent cover will keep at least the casual person from wanting to sit on your motorcycle, don't ask how I know this, people can be really stupid somtimes :shoot:

·
huh?
2,305 Posts
Wanted to ask some old guys :hail: before I went to town on everything plastic/rubber even the tires.
funny thing i knew a guy who bought a custom painted 600rr. (you know the squid like lowered and black with purple ghost flame paint job). well this guy just bought it and wanted to get it and i quote "good lookin' fo all the honeys". so he washes it......and armor alls the whole bike (including he tires). takes it out and on his first turn completely wipes out rashed up the fairings big time.....got some rash on his arms and legs (shorts and a tee shirt). well to make a long story short he didnt know why he wiped out...then i got to looking at the bike and noticed a the armor all on the tires. needless to say he now says he hit a patch of gravel unless someone who knows the truth busts him out.....that dude will never live that down.

·
A/V guru
243 Posts
There's a product called 303 aerospace protectant that you can use on the plastics, shield, and the rubbers. Just wipe it on, let it sit for a few minutes and buff off. If you dont buff it off, it can cause the product to become sticky, which will attract dust.....+1 on a cover as well.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dont use a tarp, they dont breath and will trap the moisture on your bike and cause it to rust. Just wax the thing, that will do it.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Dont use a tarp, they dont breath and will trap the moisture on your bike and cause it to rust. Just wax the thing, that will do it.
there are bike-specific covers that help prevent this. 8 coats of wax won't guard against uv damage like a cover will

·
Registered
712 Posts
i keep my waxed, and got a cover from wally world (about $20 bucks). the cover only lasts about 6 months then gets really thin and eventually tears. but it's worked great so far. one of these day's i may splurge on a "good" cover.

·
Creeper
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thx all for the tips will look into the honda wax and think I'll splurge on a proper cover I think it deserves it :)

·
huh?
2,305 Posts
Thx all for the tips will look into the honda wax and think I'll splurge on a proper cover I think it deserves it :)
damn skippy she deserves it:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts