Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back side of Tag. Made a plate of aluminum, mounted to stock holes where the tag light/reflector assmebly used to be. Haven't figgured out what to do about a tag light yet. This is temporary at best, prolly gonna mount it up further near the hugger at a later date.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice of Honda to include a nice place to safety wire your fill plug to. Note: it isen't drilled from the factory, you have to drill it yourself, but it's a nice boss that is pre-formed for it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wheres the wings? Going to take the tank wing off too?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nah, clear coated into the tank.......thought about using a razor blade, cutting the clear, pealing the sticker, sanding down, re-clearing, but man, that's a pain in the ass. I'll wait to see how it looks after I get the lowers back then make my decision then.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The color of the oil looked normal, and I know, because it was all over my garage floor... :cussing:

Did you change the middle running light? I actually pulled it today to see what the bulb was. Planning on matching it Kelvin wise to the aftermarket bulbs I'm plannning.

Damn, I'm once again re-considering the vinyl removal. Looks just like I expected. Pretty darn nice.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IronNutz said:
The color of the oil looked normal, and I know, because it was all over my garage floor... :cussing:
Yeah, I thought it a little strange....Not REAL green, just a green tint, kinda like gear lube.....

IronNutz said:
Did you change the middle running light? I actually pulled it today to see what the bulb was. Planning on matching it Kelvin wise to the aftermarket bulbs I'm plannning.
Yeah a "194" peanut bulb. I was looking for a lighter blue to match the new 70 watt bulbs (when they arrive!)

IronNutz said:
Damn, I'm once again re-considering the vinyl removal. Looks just like I expected. Pretty darn nice.
Yep, I've done that to damn near all my bikes, I like to stand out, don't like having the same bike as all the other squids in this area.

Gixxer was the same way.

OLD:

NEW:

[/img]

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Really, that big of a difference? Everyone I've ever asked about the lines after they put them on said they didn't notice much of a difference. Just less fade after heating up on the track.

As for the pads, every brand I ever tried with the stock 929 setup, the stockers performed the best overall.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.