1 - 20 of 460 Posts

·
SV Racer
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was sent to Honda US Dealers today-

SERVICE ACTION NOTICE

AFFECTED UNITS: All 2006-2007 CBR1000RR Motorcycles

American Honda is conducting a SERVICE ACTION on affected models per the description above. The action will correct a problem that may exist in the brazed portion of the air vent pipe in the bottom of the fuel tank of 2006-2007 CBR1000RR motorcycles. In limited circumstances cracking could occur due to fatigue, resulting in fuel leakage.

Effective immediately YOU MUST NOT SELL any affected model in your inventory until the required repair has been completed.

·
Moto-Maniac
1,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
so i have to wait until my dealer mails it to me? can i jsut take it in and get it fixed..
After reading this, I already set up my appt for this Saturday. MAKE that when you go, you get some sort of documentation stating that the inspection/repair was done. Otherwise if something happens after.......you're screwed! Thanks Medicman

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
hmm, i bought my bike out of state. can any dealer fix it for free? there's one not too far from where i live.

i just went to my online Honda account and it said there are no recalls for my bike. guess i'll just wait for the letter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I called my dealer and he said he wasnt getting the parts to fix it with till dec 10th and said he didnt know how long the repair would take.

Is this something that is an easy fix or something that will have to be left for a few days?

·
Wild Card Rider
728 Posts
I called my sales dealer today and opened a work order for my 06 1000RR.
It is best to call it in early since they will be putting in the order for the revised fuel tank for their existing inventory of bikes.

The next step is to wait for the call for service.

The service guy thinks its a complete tank replacement. Still waiting for Honda's official action plan.

·
Registered
381 Posts
And my Dealer said he received the announcement today but wasn't to sure when he'd receive a Recall notice or a notice of what parts are included in it. He'll call me when he knows, or so he says

1 - 20 of 460 Posts