Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a local event with a group of about 15 different sportbkes taking off together. There were busa's, r1's and 3 gsxr 1000's, with a few 954's thrown in for good measure. As we head out of twon the guy with the pumped up busa nails it. Well being the kind of guy I am I can't let him go so we pull hard a I start gaining on him. The rest of the pack is way behind by the time we let up on the long straight. After awhile we hit the mountains and the men pulled to the front of the pack. All I have to say is WOW! This bike kicks butt big time. It was the first time that I was really able to ride it as hard as I wanted to and no one had an answer for the 1000RR.

On one high speed section the road was alittle rough and I hit some bumps that started to move the bars pretty good. As soon as the bars went one way to start a slapper the dampner straightened them out and I never even came close to the feeling of a tankslapper. Needless to say I passed everyone and after about 20 miles pulled into the next check point and waited about 5 minutes for the first bike in our group to show up. Everyone was standing around the bike when they whole group got there. It was a great feeling. I got so many compliments on the bike and everyone loved the seat cowl.

This bike handles so well it is confidence on two wheels. I have never been happier on a bike then on the 1000RR. Those tires stuck like glue all day and the power is awesome. So smooth and plentiful. I later let one of my buddies ride the bike. He came back with a big smile on his face and he said it has a ton of power and he raved about the front brakes. Just wanted to give my days account after getting to ride against some of the other bikes.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Cooooooooooool!!! Just what we all like to hear...:) Thanks for putting our bikes on the map today!!! Seems like several people, including myself, have had the same experience in a group ride...what a feeling. BTW....what tires do you have??? Be safe!!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sometime's it's nice being the center of attention. :D It makes you feel that much more proud of your new steed.

I've kind of worn out my attention meter. Myself and 2 or 3 other guys in the group are seen as the "Racers". Everyone just knows that when we're headed into twistys, we always end up in front. Most guys have no track experience, so they don't have the confidence to let the bike do it's job. We could be on Ninja 250's and they would expect us to be in the front, so it's hard to convince anyone how fast and well handling the new bike is. The other "Racers" are chomping at the bit to get on it though... :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thorn, I have the stones on mine. They are great. I get good feedback and they offer really good grip. I might try the 12's on next time around to see how sticky they are :D One of my buddies on a Busa told me after the ride that he knew I could ride, just not like that! :twisted:

SecretAgentRR, I haven't riden the zx10, but I can't imagine it being any better then the RR. I'm not a kawi guy in the first place, but I can say that there is no way a normal person could ever say they hate the RR. It really is an awesome bike. I never want to have to end the ride.

·
Registered
738 Posts
RaceReady1000 said:
rode w/ a buddy today (2002 gsxr 600 w/ yoshi) , looked @ him in the mirror all day. Got 4 compliments on the bike (black) 2 from fine ladys. Loving it, gonna be a long summer.
Fine ladies???Hmmmm??? Bikes have a way of drawing them near....another trick is babies and dogs....take the baby to the mall and the dog for a walk to the dairy bar for a cone....lol!!!! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.