Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Motovation bar end weights, but they look like they aren't designed to be sliders as the metal would likely dig. The Shogun bar end sliders don't say anything about reducing vibration...is there "the best of both worlds" product out there? Thanks.

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
I don't understand bar end sliders. They're just weights made out of delrin instead of metal. The heavier it is, the less vibration there will be.

What is the point of a delrin slider on the end of your handlebar instead of a standard metal bar end weight? The impact from crashing is still going to bend or break the clipon no matter what it is made of. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have the motovations, I bought as a set for all sliders for a killer deal. They have a ring of weight on the inside for vibration, then have the ends of delrin for sliding. I like the look and they function as advertised on vibration reducing. As far as function of sliders, yes the clipons would probably snap, but I believe that in low speed or tipover, they would do a good job slidindg.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been looking into the MotoVationUSA Sliders too....any vibration reduction is good.

Anyone have pics of them on the bike?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Motovations look like they are just aluminum or whatever metal it is made of. Doesn't look like they have any any delrin on em for sliding.

Philip, I'm just concerned that the metal may dig in can cause more damage if I lowside.

·
Banned
3,914 Posts
yer bar ends are fitted for a purpose, and its no tae save yer bike in a drop.
without them, ye wid feel vibration at certain revs through the grips, jist leave them as standard.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
The R&G bar ends are heavier to help reduce vibration and have delrin ends for sliding. I like them. The only think I don't like about them is that I think they would look better if they were black.

The Shogun delrin bar ends are primarily for racing as they are lighter than stock since they are all delrin.

The idea behind having delrin bar end sliders is that if you low side, your bike will slide because of the delrin bar end sliders. If you have metal bar ends, when your bike is sliding, there is more friction and more of a chance that the bar end will catch and cause the bike to flip increasing the damage. With delrin sliders there is less friction and the bike is more likely to slide to a rest.

For high sides or tip overs, it really doesn't matter. Delrin bar ends won't help much in either situation.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Stick with the stock

I'm only going to say one thing....... GoldWing...... lol The GL1800 bar ends will fit the 04/07 1000rr and there quite a bit bigger then the stock ones. I put'em on my 04 and they worked great. I wouldn't go with any aftermarket "bar end sliders" I put the Motovation bar ends on my girls R1 they suck for vibration reduction. IMO

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I'm only going to say one thing....... GoldWing...... lol The GL1800 bar ends will fit the 04/07 1000rr and there quite a bit bigger then the stock ones. I put'em on my 04 and they worked great. I wouldn't go with any aftermarket "bar end sliders" I put the Motovation bar ends on my girls R1 they suck for vibration reduction. IMO
Are you serious ? Any pics installed ?

·
slow fat guy runnin sweep
2,517 Posts
I freakin love my Motovation bar ends... and yes, they held up well when I went down last week at a trackday... very low speed, but still...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Are you serious ? Any pics installed ?

Im interested too, I changed my bar ends out for some heavy aluminum ones, but they werent as heavy as stock so the stockers are back on......Id love to see the goldwing ones

·
Registered
334 Posts
How much do the R&G Bar Ends weight? I can't find specs on it. Thanks.
I seem to remember R&G ones are same as stock, just with a slider on the end.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I seem to remember R&G ones are same as stock, just with a slider on the end.
No, they are definitely heavier than stock. Not much heavier, but if you hold an R&G in one hand and the stock one in your other hand you can feel the weight difference. I didn't weigh them for the difference and can't do it now (sold the stock bar ends). And before you ask, I'm too lazy to go out and take them off to weigh them right now. Maybe next time I have to do some work on the bike.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I had the Motovation "heavy" bar-ends on my '06 GSX-R1000. They definitely work and cut vibration. I could ride a damn long ways before my throttle hand fell asleep with those.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
The Motovations look like they are just aluminum or whatever metal it is made of. Doesn't look like they have any any delrin on em for sliding.

Philip, I'm just concerned that the metal may dig in can cause more damage if I lowside.
I know you're not talking about these are you?

·
Adrenaline Junkie
830 Posts
I know you're not talking about these are you?

Been wanting to try those motovations for my bike, just bought some R&G bar ends for my wifes R6...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Reactions: J D
1 - 20 of 25 Posts