Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone notice if their bars vibrate more than usual at around 5-6k rpm

Mine is pretty smooth below 5k but I can def detect more vibes through the bars and pegs when it hits 5-6k rpm more than 6k it smooths out again

Have 550 miles on the clock so still running in

Changed oil and filter at 150 miles

It gets its free service at 600 (another oil and filter change)

Not sure if I should be worrying about this or just accept it

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Barz buzzing

I dont know if you have noticed at all, but my 1000rr at 5krpm sounds like a whole other machine...sounds great once it reaches 5krpm....i think whats happening is that the bike is getting into the stronger part of the power and hence a little more vibration.

broge1000rr

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I got caught in therain yesterday so i had to ride really slow. And i noticed the same thing. My hands were tinglin and I was barely holding on to the bars. made a mental note to keep my weight off my wrist.Didn't matter though

G

·
Same Issue

I picked up a new 2005 1000RR last week. I'm at 130 miles and I have a very noticeable vibration that starts at 5k rpm. It comes through the handlebars and pegs. This is my 4th CBR and I never noticed anything like this on my other bikes. Anyone figure this out?

I'm also noticing a very irritating "clicking noice" from the left side of the engine compartment. You can hear it at idle as well as when riding. I saw another thread on this issue but many of the posts were missing. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks,
-Bo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.