Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So horrible!

Yes, that's a Harley headlight. :shock: Pulling the fairing was easier than I expected. Having 2 people helps (one to hold the fairing while the other unscrews the gauges from below - the most difficult part BTW).

I had a set of Gregg's Custom LED turn signals lying around, so I figured I would use them. With the installation of the LP flush mounts in the stock locations, forward indicator visibility was reduced, so I came up with this idea. Pics of the end result are below.

We fabbed a bracket (OK, stole a bracket from somewhere else on the bike) to make a custom mount for the Gregg's LED in the faux ram-air duct. The bracket placed the bulbs perfectly and is very solid.

The flash from the camera makes them stand out - they're not that visible when they're turned off. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me "Oh no! You blocked your Ram Air intakes!!!1!!" :wink:

Movie of the end result (rt click, save as):
http://www.casadelafiesta.com/vids/mvi_0351.avi

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
I like that alot very trick :D
where one the bike did you steal the brackets from
and which gregg's led turn signals did you use (not the $110 ones I hope)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the $40 Greggs LEDs - they're pretty basc, just the LED and a poorly soldered pigtail. I'd definitely recommend reinforcing where the wires are soldered to the circuit board. Both of mine broke, and had to be re-soldered. I got 'em for free, so no complaints.

As far as the bracket goes, I have to have some secrets! - It's was from something removed from the bike already, and it worked perfectly for this function. It's the exact same shape that I would have had to fabricate.

·
Registered
235 Posts
theJrod said:
faux ram-air duct.

The flash from the camera makes them stand out - they're not that visible when they're turned off. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me "Oh no! You blocked your Ram Air intakes!!!1!!" :wink:

Okay here goes... OH NO! You blocked your ram air duct! :shock:

Okay so what do you mean they are faux? Enlighten me please... I thought the 1000rr has ram air...

·
Registered
738 Posts
get_dude said:
theJrod said:
faux ram-air duct.

Okay so what do you mean they are faux? Enlighten me please... I thought the 1000rr has ram air...
It does, but the vents are just cosmetic...there's no ducts connected to them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thorn92 said:
get_dude said:
theJrod said:
faux ram-air duct.

It does, but the vents are just cosmetic...there's no ducts connected to them.
Okay so where does the bike actually pull air from???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.