Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says... What's the best Lift Stand to get?

One of these type...

1602638917830.png

·
187 Posts
Spooled Forward Handle Rear, Motorcycle Stand
thats the one I have and like because it doesnt take up real estate behind the bike and you can hold on the the handgrip while lifting it and I use a knee for support also. I just find this style less precarious than the one pictured. I highly recommend investing in the pitbull ecosystem though, I think its worth the extra cash and they have a ton of useful accessories for the main products

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
"best" lift I would say is an actual air or hydrolic lift.
If you're just looking at stands pitbull can't be beat

·
Registered
23 Posts
That looks good but to each his own....I use a knockoff frame lift stand that raises the whole bike with a lever action. It works pretty well and seems well enough made. I cant remember the price but it was like 200 USD ... maybe a bit more.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
If you're looking for stands to change oil or swap tires then the pitbull stands are the way to go.
If you want a lift system to pull forks, swingarm, engine, or general mechanical work a frame stand or lift is the way to go

·
Registered
272 Posts
ABBA stands, swear by it. It will do all. Nothing comes close for me.

When it comes to something to just simply lift the front or rear, a $69 package will do just as weel as the 200+ PB. Really, and FLAME on! :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Pit-bulls ... you cannot go wrong with those.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have all pit bull stands. Haven't owned another brand, so there could very well be a better stand/value, but I've been completely satisfied with them...

Also they're built in my hometown...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pitbull or nothing!

Don't risk your $10k+ motorcycle with a budget stand.

·
Registered
452 Posts
This one is something I may get in the future. It's extremely cool...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, guys.

I'll look in to these.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,125 Posts
That looks good but to each his own....I use a knockoff frame lift stand that raises the whole bike with a lever action. It works pretty well and seems well enough made. I cant remember the price but it was like 200 USD ... maybe a bit more.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Have one just like this. Changed my life working on the bike. It pays for itself the first few times you have to use it. I had to get my forks rebuilt and tires replaced. I took the forks off and the rims with tires and took it all to the shop. That alone paid for the stand.

·
BOTM Moderator
258 Posts
I bought a set like this:

last year.
the rear has the U shaped holders.
The front holds up the triple tree and came with 4 pins not 8 as in the picture.
I paid $104, shipped to the house.
has held very well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Very interesting concept.

I watched the video, the two rods going into the frame seem a bit short though. I would have thought they would be longer to safely hold it.
When it comes to mechanical stuffs, the Germans has an educational system that grooms and nurtures it. I'm impressed, too.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,125 Posts
Very interesting concept.

I watched the video, the two rods going into the frame seem a bit short though. I would have thought they would be longer to safely hold it.
my stand is very similar in design. It’s very stable. I jumped up and down on the pegs with the bike on the stand and no issue what so ever. I left my bike on my stand for weeks at a time. I have 100% faith in my stand I use.
unlike the abba stands, my stand has wheels. So once it’s up I can move the bike if needed. If you have an abba stand your screwed if you need to move the bike if you have your forks off or something like that.

·
Registered
452 Posts
my stand is very similar in design. It’s very stable. I jumped up and down on the pegs with the bike on the stand and no issue what so ever. I left my bike on my stand for weeks at a time. I have 100% faith in my stand I use.
unlike the abba stands, my stand has wheels. So once it’s up I can move the bike if needed. If you have an abba stand your screwed if you need to move the bike if you have your forks off or something like that.
Looks pretty similar.
What's the brand name, if I may ask? Can you provide more info, please?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts