Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
Everyone here will tell you "pitbull" and "because it's american." Yet we ride japanese bikes because the quality is great. Go figure. I use t-rex racing without issue. They're based deep in the heart of Texas.
I go with pitbull for the quality. Period!
They are solid well built long lasting stands.
I have never seen, experienced, or heard of an issue with pitbull stands or products in general.
I have had failures and issues with several other major brands with welds breaking, wheels falling off, stand wobbling with the bike on it and even being bent out of shape.

You can get by with inferior stands but if you want a forever stand there is no comparison with pitbull

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Everyone here will tell you "pitbull" and "because it's USA." Yet we ride japanese bikes because the quality is great. Go figure. I use t-rex racing without issue. They're based deep in the heart of Texas.
Well, Pitbull is USA for sure, but also a pretty fail-safe premium product.

I’ve had the same pair for 20+ years, and prolly have them for another 20+ GW.

·
Registered
453 Posts
And, I even LIKE your wall !!! :ROFLMAO: (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Sounds like you are a red-hot Flag-bearer.
Where have you been since you joined in 2018? Come and talk to us more often.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Agree.

·
FEB 2016 BOTM
2,129 Posts
Looks pretty similar.
What's the brand name, if I may ask? Can you provide more info, please?
my stand is a Black Widow lift stand. Bought it years ago. Can’t remember the site name but they do not carry them any more. The link is where I first bought it with pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The red bike is a 1995 Honda ST1100. My neighbor Gary who is 80 years old bought it new and crashed as he was coming into a corner to fast with the cruise control on, I guess it was target fixation. He has been riding most of his life and this is his second crash. He decided he was done riding so I bought the bike from him for a thousand and put five hundred into it doing all the work myself and now it runs as good as new but looks like hell as I did not want to invest anymore into it with new plastic. It's a good loaner bike when my friends visit me from New York. Here is a pic of the bike in my garage before the crash.

Here is a video moments after the crash. I had been recording that day as I always do but I was out in front. Three of us had communicators so when I heard " Man Down " I doubled back , parked my bike off the road and then I walked back to the accident. Keep in mind I'm in full gear that's how I ride even if it's 90 outside. But Gary is old school and no matter how many times I would talk to him about it he just blew it off. We all laugh about it now because he went and bought the same bike only a 1997 and still rides in shorts and a T- shirt. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

My other neighbor Ray with the sunglasses is missing his left leg after a car crossed over the zipper and ripped it off and still rides. The other guy there with the yellow vest is my neighbor crazy Billy who is mentally challenged and never road a bike. I taught him how to ride and went with him every time to take his road test. after failing 3x he finely got his motorcycle license. We are a motley crew and all transplants retired and living here in Myrtle Beach.

At the risk of looking like dumb ass, Here is why I say don't cheap out when it comes to your motorcycle. I only had my bike three days before I dropped it. There are a lot of different motorcycle stands out their, but they're not created equal. I want to show you what happened to me so you don't make the same mistake. When I went to lift the bike the stand broke and my new bike went down. I was very lucky to have no damage. Learning my lesson I bought the Pit Bull Spooled Forward Handle Rear Stand lift.

·
Banned
88 Posts
My other neighbor Ray with the sunglasses is missing his left leg after a car crossed over the zipper and ripped it off and still rides. The other guy there with the yellow vest is my neighbor crazy Billy who is mentally challenged and never road a bike. I taught him how to ride and went with him every time to take his road test. after failing 3x he finely got his motorcycle license. We are a motley crew and all transplants retired and living here in Myrtle Beach.
Can only say your a Good Buddy to your friends, Well Done (y)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes born and raised in Staten Island. I built two homes in the Pocono's in PA where i raised my sons before retiring and building one here in Myrtle Beach.

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
You did good, helping out yer old friend. Too bad on ya dropping your SC-77, hopefully it was minor.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The red bike is a 1995 Honda ST1100. My neighbor Gary who is 80 years old bought it new and crashed as he was coming into a corner to fast with the cruise control on, I guess it was target fixation. He has been riding most of his life and this is his second crash. He decided he was done riding so I bought the bike from him for a thousand and put five hundred into it doing all the work myself and now it runs as good as new but looks like hell as I did not want to invest anymore into it with new plastic. It's a good loaner bike when my friends visit me from New York. Here is a pic of the bike in my garage before the crash. View attachment 260512

Here is a video moments after the crash. I had been recording that day as I always do but I was out in front. Three of us had communicators so when I heard " Man Down " I doubled back , parked my bike off the road and then I walked back to the accident. Keep in mind I'm in full gear that's how I ride even if it's 90 outside. But Gary is old school and no matter how many times I would talk to him about it he just blew it off. We all laugh about it now because he went and bought the same bike only a 1997 and still rides in shorts and a T- shirt. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

At the risk of looking like dumb ass, Here is why I say don't cheap out when it comes to your motorcycle. I only had my bike three days before I dropped it. There are a lot of different motorcycle stands out their, but they're not created equal. I want to show you what happened to me so you don't make the same mistake. When I went to lift the bike the stand broke and my new bike went down. I was very lucky to have no damage. Learning my lesson I bought the Pit Bull Spooled Forward Handle Rear Stand lift.

Off topic but yet another crash video of why ATGATT is so important.
If you have to Google ATGATT you will be this guy sooner or later.

Video of your bike on the lift doesnt play for me but 100% agree. Stands, lifts are one of many areas I will not compromise

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry man , I think because the video was set to privet due to how embarrassed I was for being stupid. I set it to public so try again.

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Off topic but yet another crash video of why ATGATT is so important.
If you have to Google ATGATT you will be this guy sooner or later.

Video of your bike on the lift doesnt play for me but 100% agree. Stands, lifts are one of many areas I will not compromise
When a user sets it to semi-private, you should see the option to click, “view it on YouTube“.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
When a user sets it to semi-private, you should see the option to click, “view it on YouTube“.
Yep still sais video unavailable but there is a link to the YouTube video
The music seemed fitting!
Screenshot_20201015-133836_Chrome.jpg

21 - 40 of 41 Posts