Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I'm bored with not much to do with the bike this winter so somehow I have decided to upgrade some of the hardware on the bike. Fairing bolts, brake caliper bolts, sprocket nuts, etc. Just appearance mods basically

Where is the best places to look? Not willing to risk it with cheap ebay or Chinese crap on vital hardware components like rotors or sprocket.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I ordered some titanium bolts from a company, I think, called Titan. I was pleased.
They may have been a Euro company. I seem to remember converting from pounds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I realize that this is an old post but a small warning is timeless. If you use titanium or stainless steel bolts, seriously consider applying some anti-seize compound to the threads. SS or titanium bolts in aluminum parts may cause galling. You could seize the bolt, strip the threads out of your parts, or snap the bolt off. It happened to me on my FJR. The SS slider bolt seized into the aluminum mounting plate. Fortunately it did not gall the engine bolt hole. If you find that this has happened and you can remove the part there may be a way to save the it. I do a bit of home anodizing and used that setup to dissolve the bolt out of the aluminum plate. I now better understand why some nice looking parts often come with crappy looking black oxide coated bolts. Do your due diligence first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts