Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah well, a manual is all that fits hightwise. A pack of smokes is too thick to fit there. Thats howmuch room there is. I myself took out the tool kit (hope I never need it as I go running to knock on some wood) and store my house keys etc in that side with a hook around the hoop. On the other side I keep a pair of sunglasses, and thats it!

Once last week when it was forecasted to get cold I put a pair of gloves back there, and nothing else. no keys, no glasses, just 1 pair of winter gloves, 1 glove on the left, 1 glove on the right! :)

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
SkinDragger said:
Yeah well, a manual is all that fits hightwise. A pack of smokes is too thick to fit there. Thats howmuch room there is. I myself took out the tool kit (hope I never need it as I go running to knock on some wood) and store my house keys etc in that side with a hook around the hoop. On the other side I keep a pair of sunglasses, and thats it!

Once last week when it was forecasted to get cold I put a pair of gloves back there, and nothing else. no keys, no glasses, just 1 pair of winter gloves, 1 glove on the left, 1 glove on the right! :)
What sucks even worse is that about two weeks before I bought the RR, I ordered a new magnetic tankbag. Now I have two magnetic tankbags for the one bike that has a metal tank. Skindragger, you know how much I used that sumbitch too. Now I have to stuff everything in my pockets. When I wear leathers, I can't carry $hit!

·
Registered
212 Posts
When I picked up my bike a friend showed up on his 600RR. He commented on how much bigger the trunk was. It is bigger and we can at least get a few very small objects in them.

For me it is usually garage door opener, cell phone, owners manual, registration and tool kit.

I am thinking about a tank bag. I have never liked tank bags, but don't have much choice if I want additional storage.

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
I guess I am either going to have to get a tank bag (which I have never been a fan of) or carry a back pack where ever I go. Oh well every bike has a flaw, this must be it :?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well we wanted a race bike that could be ridden on the street and not the other way around. I do miss the trunk from my 900. I got a 10% off at the dealership for parts and used it on a Tail pack. It works rather well, the bottom of the bag has bungies in it and you just strap it to the bike. They have many different sizes. http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Cha...743B054C61B7828ADA62E4A317&Gift=false&GiftID=
I got the one that fold up and does fit into my trunk. It works good and doesn't get in my way at all.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
LtcOliverNorth, ahhahhhhaaahahahahhah!, hehehehhehehehhheeeeeehhehehehehhe!, wooooooooooooo!, eeeeeeeeeeeee!, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!, oooooooooooooooooo!, ahhhh... I'm better now.

I'm sorry, I know it's functional, but that is the funniest picture I've ever seen! The look on his face gets me. I'm guessing it's a stock photo, but if it's you I apologize.

Maybe I could wear it if I convinced myself it's a some kind of tactical training bra of sorts...

I'm seriously not trying to make fun of you, but wheeeeeeee! Now I'm imagining it on a fat man! Oooooooh, man! I need some water...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.