Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have picked up the new sportrider mag if you want to understand what makes the Honda Superior and in my opinion the best bike, skip over the liter bike comparison and read the Big Speed article. It compares the overall hp and top speeds of the MotoGP bikes from last season on different tracks. What it says is "The Honda is neither the fastest nor the quickest MotoGP bike in a straight line, it obviously makes up for that deficite in other ways". If you get a chance read this article and it will put all your "the kawi has more HP" concerns to rest. This article hits on the exact reasons why I thought the honda was the better performing bike, even though I knew it didnt have the most power. Now if I could only learn how to use it all :D Could it be that our beloved honda just handles better and is able to put the power to the ground more efficiently? hmm....

·
Registered
738 Posts
I agree Sub...it's amazing how some think that a few hp more makes all the difference??? Let's face it....none of us are riding factory race bikes, where we can use all that hp.....we're on the road. Handling is far superior to hp...w/o it, what can you actually do? I always look at it kinda like a Hyabusa against a 600....the 6 will tear the 1300 up as far as handling goes. But who really wants to just go in a straight line??

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Sexfreak I dont think I'm the one that needs convincing. I could have had any bike weeks before I got my 1000rr but I waited because I knew it was the one i wanted even after reading alot of the reviews. You on the other hand settled for something you did not initially want because you became impatient :wink: I sure hope that engine doesn't go boom along with the clutch :D And yes I know you were just razzing me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
OK Sub you win, for once in my life.....i made a good choice. it was the one?! you must be mistaken. The R1 is the ONE. my buddy just got his 1000RR 2 days ago. both of us giving propts to our bikes. i honestly can say this though, i never regret it. there are things i like and don't like about the RR and the R1. i compared his bike and mine, looking very closely to detail and such, getting some input from other fellas. the R1 for me was the right choice! you might wanna ask me, at our local bike night, majority of passer by and riders were looking at the Sexy R1 or my buddies 1000RR? my buddy on the RR admits that the R1 was the better lookiing attention seeker hehe. now lets go to our local track , maybe Sub will kick my ass on that one .
engine boom , clutch problem?! you better not steorotype. it can and does happen to all mades and models . still trying to convince yourself Sub....Sub its all in good fun .....like i said i'll take all 4 bikes if money was there

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Freak, I agree that more people will probably think the R1 is a better looking bike. I initially thought it was the better looking bike as in pictures and at one point I decided that was the bike I was going to get. This little voice in my head (I have many) kept telling me to look at the honda and think about my decision and not just base it on looks because at that point that was the onlly thing I liked better about the R1. Well, I decided that looks wasn't the most important thing to me so I went with the honda. Funny thing is, once I saw the R1 in person I was totally turned off and felt great about my decision when my 1000rr came in. There is no use argueing which bike is better looking, last time I checked their is no instrument to measure that. Yes this is all in good fun, I like to rile you up a bit because I know you got anxious and couldn't wait for the real 1, the 1000rr. And about the engine troubles and clutch problems, just giving you a hard time. you know I frequent the R1 forum and you can't miss the multiple threads on blown engines and clutch problems.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Given the treatment I get from Yamaha sales staff in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs, no way would I purchase the R1. Also don't like the look of it, to feminine for my liking.

The 1000rr also is very comfortable seating possi for my 6'3" frame given I have quite long legs and I don't suffer knee popout when I access the rear brake or gear shifter. Hoping to pick up mine on Mon or Tuesday. Be a nice change from the 600F4i

·
Registered
738 Posts
blitze said:
Given the treatment I get from Yamaha sales staff in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs, no way would I purchase the R1. Also don't like the look of it, to feminine for my liking.

The 1000rr also is very comfortable seating possi for my 6'3" frame given I have quite long legs and I don't suffer knee popout when I access the rear brake or gear shifter. Hoping to pick up mine on Mon or Tuesday. Be a nice change from the 600F4i
Nice change alright.......probably more like a rude awakening!!! :D Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
SexfreakR6 said:
you might wanna ask me, at our local bike night, majority of passer by and riders were looking at the Sexy R1 or my buddies 1000RR?
Funny thing about that. Have ridden with quite a few other bikes while on the RR and yes, my buddies R1 gets way more looks. Its an '03. It has unanimously out shown any of the other bikes.
Any body else out there checked out the 10R? Have to admit, that thing is not pretty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.