Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Just got back from the dealer. My new gear came in. Had about 5 guys run up to me. Dude, we just unloaded your crate! We ripped the top off, I gotta tell ya, the red looks waaaaaayyyy better in person. I saw it at the Chicago show, but it was up on a pedestal with funky lighting. I was plesantly surprised. On a down note, It's wearin' the pirelli's. :thumbdow: I've read that the bike was alot more compliant when fitted with the Bridgestones. Damn.

The dealership is having their grand re-opening hooplah, big open house tommorow. The Honda rep specifically made sure the only bike in town ended up there for the open house. All of the other dealers get them middle of next week supposedly. The dealership originally said they were not delivering any bikes this weekend. After chatting with them and the Honda rep, the mechanics agreed to stay late tonight or come in early tomorrow to prep it. I told them I was cool with them displaying it tommorow, as long as I could pick it up at 3. They agreed. Looks like I'm gettin' a red one boys. :bounce:

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
IronNutz said:
On a down note, It's wearin' the pirelli's. :thumbdow: I've read that the bike was alot more compliant when fitted with the Bridgestones. Damn.
From what I've read, the Bridgestones sound awesome -- grip AND mileage. I barely got over 1000 miles each on my two rear Metzler Sportec M1s. My last BT012 went around 3500 miles, and the 014s are supposed to be even better.

I'm doing two days of Reg Pridmore's CLASS at Road America in early June. They require nearly new tires, so if I do get the Perilli's, I'll probably replace them with the 014s for that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I know how alot of you are feeling....I have a deposit on one, but dealer said probably next week :( . I called other area dealers yesterday just to check and there is a red one on the floor. I want so bad to cancel the one and get the other, but kinda feel obligated. Man I hate this. At least here in Ohio it's still raining....never thought I would hope for a weekend of rain...(to keep the riding urge away...lol!) For those of you who have theirs.....ENJOY!!!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just got back from a dealer who has one on the floor....unfortunately not the dealer where my deposit is at :? Anyway....it is AWESOME!!! Pics do it NO justice whatsoever!! The red is gorgeous....evrything about it is so sharp. C'mon next week and get here so I can have one :D . It will be well worth the wait!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wanted to see the zx10 and cbr1000 in person, but they were picked up already in Merced and Modesto. I did see the new R1 in Modesto, I didnt like it at all... and i love sportbikes. HI SUB!

·
Registered
425 Posts
hey Ice, you finally found the site eh? Was the CBR gone in Modesto already, I think you said you were going today? I should have mine by the end of next week, if i dont i may go crazy. Anyone want to buy a 600rr? Runs good, only starts occasionally :) I agree on the R1, doesn't do it for me in the looks department at all in person, but the Honda does!! If I had to choose a runner up it would be the ZX10, that was gone as well in modesto?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put on between 160 & 170 miles today. Very happy with the bike.

So different than my 929. Better handling, better brakes, all round better package.

The power band seems unusual to me, it almost seems somewhere between a V twin & inline 4. Very smooth and linear power delivery. It does not rev up as fast as the 929. I think this has a lot to do with reviewers not getting to excited about this bike. It has no rush of power, but it just keeps pulling.

Truly very happy! Also very happy with the weather since it was supposed to rain all day. The streets were dry by 11:00 am and pick the bike up at 11:30.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Anything else you can tell us about the ride adrnocrome? We are all desperate for any details so let us have em. I agree, that is probably why the reviewers said it just felt ho hum because it doesn't hit hard at any one point. What previous bikes have you ridden?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More details, well to start I am sore. I have not road in a while. The seat is a little softer than a 600RR.

Other bikes have been a few different off road bikes. I am not sure what the have been except for a HD enduro and Yamaha YZ250.

Streetbikes:
To start, my first Honda, the all dominate Rebel 250 (oh yeah). What can I say my parents let me get a bike when I turned 16. Other than that a couple of Nighthawk S, Kawasaki EX500, Susuki Katana, a couple of Susuki Bandit 1200S, Aprilia Tuono, CBR900RR, CBR929RR, a few Harleys, a Honda cruiser of some sort, a couple of 1970 something CBs, Susuki TL1000. That is all I can think of at the moment, I know there have been others. This was a tuff question.

Back to the bike. The bike felt smaller than my 929. I did not notice the extra weight at all. The bike had a great feel to it, well balanced.
Brakes had great response and feel, again better than the 929. At this point I don't need steel brake lines. Will wait until i put it on track for those.
Much smoother ride than my 929 especially over rough pavement. Stock settings are pretty good. I will tweak them slightly after a little more riding.
The question I kept getting today was about the steering dampner. I never noticed it at all. Actually maybe I did. I am not sure but I hit a large hole mid turn. The front end shook and slid slightly, but it felt fairly controlled. I am sure this helped but I did not think about it until now.

Well I am tired and going to bed, so my rambling can stop now. Hopefully this has helped in some way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.