Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for listening. Have a major prob with my bike. 2015 1000rr. 2 brothers slip on, O2 delete, intake flap mod, PC5 mapped to mods. Bike would surge after two bro’s slip on and O2 delete. Also noticed sitting on bike. Right outside header wasn’t as hot as other 3. Maybe fouled plug, bad injector... installed PC 5 and replaced plug and instant idle at 1100-1200 rpm with no surging. Rode around neighborhood to see if it would pull from an idle... it did easily. Before i had to rev bike to even launch because of the miss. Rode today thinking everything was fixed but after about 15 miles it started again. Idle fluctuations between 900-1300. Pops through exhaust some. Sure the plug is fouled.... but why? Original had some oil on the threads when taken out but i did spray some wd40 to loosen the boot. Bike has 2100 and when purchased had 1400 used from dealership. No visible smoke, knock, ticks. Feels like running on 3 cylinders. And yes everything was put back together and checked at least 3 times. Anyone have any insight to what it could be? Also installed a lithium ion battery... thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike ran perfect for about 15 miles. Then slowly degraded and felt like it was running on 3 cylinders. Had to rev the bike to 4-5 grand to even take off and it would sometime die even letting off the clutch any... would a battery have this effect?

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
Bike ran perfect for about 15 miles. Then slowly degraded and felt like it was running on 3 cylinders. Had to rev the bike to 4-5 grand to even take off and it would sometime die even letting off the clutch any... would a battery have this effect?
I can't imagine a battery would cause that. Exactly what battery did you install?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike master. Think i ordered it Motorsport. Doubt that’s the prob though. It’s gonna be a troubleshooting nightmare.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What really frustrates me is that i spend $9500 on this bike because i don’t want these issues and just because i change the exhaust, then try to correct the exhaust problem with an O2 delete and a PC5. Now something else is wrong. These bikes are so over engineered that if you change anything it’s gonna affect everything else. Only bike I’ve ever owned that doesn’t like upgrades.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone please chime in. Rode the bike home from Baton Rouge to Jackson ms with absolutely no problems. Put a slip on two brothers and everything has went downhill from there. Got a 02 gsxr that basically has the same mods, run all day long. Can’t kill that bike

·
Registered
518 Posts
Was something done/happened to the bike after which this issue started or did it start on its one on day out of the blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was something done/happened to the bike after which this issue started or did it start on its one on day out of the blue?

Ran perfectly fine leaving Baton Rouge bone stock. Previous owner dropped it by casing damage and bar end damage. As anyone would notice. Got it to 130-150mph like anyone would. Easy for a liter bike. Put a two brothers exhaust on. With the O2 sensor still intact. Bike started looping idle. And at a steady speed didn’t sound right like it was missing.... as i rode it more still missing more. Couldn’t just roll from idle had to rev it to 4-5k to get rolling. Sounding like a miss cylinder. Goggled a lot and got a plug and a PC5 and all was well until about a 15min ride and the same crap.

·
Registered
518 Posts
check the tip over sensor
check the stand to make sure it’s sturdy and not coming down on high speed
check battery cables to make sure they are tight
Maybe fuel line is kinked and not getting enough fuel

·
Registered
40 Posts
If this were me I'd start by taking the pc5 off. I've never had any luck with power commanders. I had a new pc5 on my zx14r and I was out riding 1 night and then my bike sounded like a Ducati and had no power. My buddy told me I was shooting flames out of my exhaust like crazy. Anyways tried to ride it to my girls house 6 miles away and it wouldnt make it...zero power.
Long story short I pulled the pc5...bike started up and ran fine again. I threw the pc5 away. From what I understand if they start acting up the failsafe is to dump fuel.
I'd start there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also forgot to mention...when I pulled over and let the bike sit a few minutes and started it back up it idled fine...I would put gear on and tried to haul ass back to my girls house and then it started that cross plane sound and wouldnt go anywhere. It did this a few times before I called my girl to bring the truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stock ran perfect. Slip on with O2 intact still ran good for a while with surging idle. Got an 02 delete, didn’t change much. Just casually riding sounded kinda off.... like 1 cylinder wasn’t quite hitting like the others. Got to where it was cutting out more, especially low rpm. Felt like #4 cylinder header wasn’t as hot as the other 3. Yes hot but not like the others. Yanked the air box off and replaced the plug same time as the PC5 was installed. Idled perfect! Roll out from almost idle without stalling or cutting out. Thought everything was fixed but 15min into a ride...... same thing..... missing, rough idle, popping through exhaust sometimes. Just gonna have to go through the headache of taking all this crap back apart. Already have another fuel pump. Gonna try that then maybe swap coils around. With only 2100 miles I’m floored. My 1995 cbr900 had over 20k miles and never a hint of a problem. Just frustrated that it’s basically a new bike having to deal with all these issues. I’m mechanically to a point but not electrically at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's not electrical it's a fueling issue. Like I said pull the pc5 first before you start tearing the bike apart and throwing parts at it.
I will try that. Wasn’t hard to hook up. It’s easy enough. Gonna replace fuel pump then check regulator. I’m thinking the fuel pump gets hot then maybe starts to malfunction..... hope that’s it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will try that. Wasn’t hard to hook up. It’s easy enough. Gonna replace fuel pump then check regulator. I’m thinking the fuel pump gets hot then maybe starts to malfunction..... hope that’s it.
Fuel pumps dont fail like that. They either work or fail all the way. I sent u a pm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts