Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
installed some spiegler braided lines and I’m wondering what the best way to bleed the setup. I rebuilt the calipers and the MC and the front brake is is still no consistent and squishy. The fluid the perfect and air bubbles stopped coming from all the bleeders. Any suggestions for 06 1000

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah I’m just thugging it out by hand. I’m suspecting maybe like a bleeder leak. The manual does say you might need to use Teflon tape. Idk how Teflon would hold up being opened and closed by hand so much

·
Classifieds Moderator
638 Posts
There is likely air bubble in crevices that have nowhere to go up. What you can do since you recently rebuilt the calipers is push all the pistons in and pump them back out a few times to drive air bubbles up the lines to the master cylinder. Then pump the pistons back out, bleed from the bleeders, and repeat a couple times.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not hard if you have service manual, I just did it on my 2012 CBR1000RR ABS with jumper cable, takes about 3hrs (due to abs)

If it’s not ABS then it should be straight forward, keep bleeding and ensure you lines are not leaking anywhere especially when the flex and solid lines connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
It could also be ur bleeder nipple is bypassing tiny amounts of air . Use Teflon tape and wrap the threads and re bleed .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I rebuilt the MC and caliper and put new lines new sealing washers and wrapped the bleeders in Teflon and my brake lever is still spongey. SOS

·
SuperMod
681 Posts
couple of things

search the site for "spongy brakes" if you haven't already. There are some good pointers there.

I went through a similar situation after I rebuilt both of front calipers. spongy.. bleed... spongy .. bleed..
things to try,
use a vacuum bleeder. I think @09_Blade recently posted a nice post on this topic.

The manual had an order for bleeding various places. I think you start with farthest place from the master cylinder and move backward. Left caliper, right caliper, master cylinder.
once you have used the bleeder valves, also do a bit of bleeding by loosening the banjo bolts. some air might be stuck in there too.

try the pressure bleed too. use velcro or something to squeeze the brake lever hard, over night. next morning tappy tap tap calipers, brake lines, etc. all the way up to master cylinder. the idea is that the pressure will make he bubbles smaller or dissolve them in the fluid and when you bleed, more air will come out.

Lastly, the last of my problems, documented here in a thread, was the shorty levers that were on the bike. I replaced with OEM and they are now perfect.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Replace the brake resoivoir cup. They age and get tiny cracks in the neck under the hose which lets air in. Mine had a tiny crack in the neck of the cup , replaced it and works great now.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Get a one way bleed valve. Huge time saver. Only open the bleeder just enough to let fluid pass otherwise you’ll get seepage thru the bleeder threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts