Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's late November and no snow yet. At 7,000 feet in Flagstaff, Arizona with 13,000 foot mountain peaks, that is very unusual. Hopefully we will see snow soon. Temps are still in the 20s at night, but I'm still riding in the afternoons in the high 50s. Flagstaff is known for some of the bluest skies and amazing stars at night as the first International Dark Sky City....
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

That's our Snow Bowl Ski Resort in the background....No snow.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

This was a dusting on the Peaks over a month ago.....
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Fuel tank

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
725 Posts
I drove past Flagstaff once, about 3 decades ago, and the snow-stacks on both sides of the road were 4-5 feet tall while the school buses were busy shuffling kids around.
But, I bet you see more sun at any time of the year compared to the Pacific NW, which felt like London, England, most of the time --- damp and overcast.

·
Registered
241 Posts
C'mon down to the valley. The weather is still great at Tortilla Flat!

Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Cloud

Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Mountain

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flagstaff does average 100 inches of snow a year. But it is Sunny and dry most of the time. Actually, Flagstaff is one of the dryest spots in the country due to altitude and the Southwest climate. Summers are cool and very little humidity. It's rare that I don't ride at least once or twice a week. Even in the Winter, we can get two feet of snow, the roads are clear the next day, the sun is out and it's time to ride. I never put my bike away during the Winter.

Art....sorry for those grey days, but you still live in a nice part of the country.

The snow will come here.....
Wheel Sky Tire Land vehicle Mountain

Snow Sky Nature Plant Tree

Dog Snow Tree Dog breed Carnivore

Sky Mountain Plant Snow Tree

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey rule 62....you and Art are tied in the race for the most bikes....:LOL: JD thinks you need one more though... :)
You guys are making me crazy with all those cool bikes....and I only have one.
Winter is definitely the time to ride in Phoenix. I do need to get to Tortilla Flat sometime. Maybe if I get a CB1000r???

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Same here in the Denver area - supposedly we're going to break the all-time record for latest snow (down in Denver). We've had a few very light dustings up here in the foothills, while the bulk of any snow has been farther West along the continental divide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts