Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering. How do the rest of you ride your bike? Whats your body position in just noraml everyday riding. i have 600 miles and still can't get comfortable. My hands go numb :x (not grippig bars tight).just wondering if some of you are having the same problems.BTW I have been doing mostly commuting. i have track day sched May 25. Mind you i have no problems when i'm ripping it up :twisted: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
grip the tank with your thighs, keep your elbows bent at a 90 degree angle, support the upper torso with your ab muscle instead of your arms/wrist.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Just a standard position......occasionally, I sit up straight with one hand on my thigh to give my back a rest. No real comfort issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
try not to put a lot of weight on the palms of your hands it cuts off blood supply to your fingers. Also if you have a brand new pair of gloves sometimes the fact that theyre not broken in yet they could cut off circulation on the top of your hand. It makes your index finger go numb and your middle finger as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Switching from an F4i, I got some issues with my hands falling asleep, but you get used to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Leonardo629 said:
grip the tank with your thighs, keep your elbows bent at a 90 degree angle, support the upper torso with your ab muscle instead of your arms/wrist.....
I do agree about gripping the tank with your thighs....that will make a world of difference. Before I put on my tankslapper kit, I was afraid I would mark the finish, so my arms did ALL the work. Just squeeze the tank with your legs when needed and you'll notice a tremendous difference..:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
make sure you also drop the brake and clutch levers down to a comfortable position. too manny bikers leave them at around a 90 degree angle which puts too much stress on the wrists. angle them down, adjust the reach and you will feel better.

Dont forget to stay active as well off the bike.

K1
 

·
Senior Citizen
Joined
·
548 Posts
Mix it up. Move around. I tend to tuck in a bit at higher speeds and sit up at lower speeds. I also slide back or forward on the seat occasionally. Basically, I try not to remain in the same exact position for too long. Usually I feel fine on the bike, but things tend to ache a bit later at night. I'm gettin' old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for the input. I will adjust the levers a bit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
BigRome said:
I was just wondering. How do the rest of you ride your bike? Whats your body position in just noraml everyday riding. i have 600 miles and still can't get comfortable. My hands go numb :x (not grippig bars tight).just wondering if some of you are having the same problems.BTW I have been doing mostly commuting. i have track day sched May 25. Mind you i have no problems when i'm ripping it up :twisted: .
Only my right hand gets numb. When it 1st happened the words of my Dad ran through my head, no wait, now I think about it he said I'd go blind if I didn't stop that. Actually my right hand does get numb but at my age better my hand when I'm riding this thing than my brain right?
:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
I found the best way to keep the weight off my wrists is to simply twist my right one backwards about a quarter turn. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Karaya One said:
make sure you also drop the brake and clutch levers down to a comfortable position. too manny bikers leave them at around a 90 degree angle which puts too much stress on the wrists. angle them down, adjust the reach and you will feel better.

Dont forget to stay active as well off the bike.

K1
That is one of the first thing I do, right outta' the box. Adjust the levers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
i've also noticed that compared to my 900RR i feel i am further away from the handlebars.

but i also noticed i have a good deal of play in the throttle, i can noticably twist it w/ no response at all....i hate that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
If you don't like the freeplay in the throttle, it's super easy to adjust it out. Just loosen the lock nut, turn the adjuster to get it where you like, and tighten the lock nut back down. I think there's probably pictures in the owners manual for something like that, let me check...

Edit: Yup, page 115.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
IronNutz said:
If you don't like the freeplay in the throttle, it's super easy to adjust it out. Just loosen the lock nut, turn the adjuster to get it where you like, and tighten the lock nut back down. I think there's probably pictures in the owners manual for something like that, let me check...

Edit: Yup, page 115.
thanks bro, its just that i've had a broken wrist (tiny bone in my right hand) for 2 years now & makes the position i hold my wrist at either hurt or feel fine & the free play is killing me...just dont recall that much play in past bikes.

Thanks for the 411 - will change that tonite!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Wagz said:
...just dont recall that much play in past bikes.
New bike, new cables, usually just adjust it once it's broken in and never have to touch it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My problem was the gloves.They were brand new and too tight. So they cut iff some of the circulation
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top