Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I pull on the throttle, My bike will bog at 5k rpms any gear, doesn't matter if I shift up or down. At first it start to bog at 8K rpms but after I cleaned the fuel pump, it would only want to rev up to 5k rpms.

What could be the problem?

·
a d m i n
151,012 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the Forum. I’m sure there will be some informed answers for you here. :giggle:

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,756 Posts
I do not.
Do you have the service manual?
If not you can find it here, just use the search tool.

For anyone to help any further with your issue we are gonna need more info.
Any engine or CEL lights on dash?
Mileage on bike?
How long have you owned it?
When did the issue first start?
Any add ons like power commander or ECU flash?
Any recent changes?
Maintenance schedule (plugs, air filter, valve clearance check)?
Has the bike sat for a period of time prior to issue?

When you say "bogging" do you you mean it is cutting out like it isn't getting gas or so you mean it won't rev past a certain RPM?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check all the connections and wires to the throttle bodies , make sure nothing has wiggled loose. Also check for codes as the codes will tell u the problem plus some codes restrict the power if something has gone wrong. Could be that the butterfly valves for the throttle bodies arent in sync so they would slowly shut closed out of sync which leads to bogging when u rev the engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK so I don’t get any lights I just got the bike last week it’s been sitting around for about three months I believe and the owner didn’t do the spark plugs that’s for sure

·
Registered
53 Posts
No lights is dead battery , stator and or rectifier could be fried, possibly a fuse. No lights is a good indicator it's an electrical issue . I have the manual for 07 " poor running or no power at high speed."
1. Firing incorrect
2. Fuel air/mixture incorrect
3. Compression low
4. Spark plugs loose or improper valve clearances
5.incorrect or poor quality fuel.
6.throttle valve doesnt fully open. ( adjust throttle freeplay)
7. Engine oil viscosity too high.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not.
Do you have the service manual?
If not you can find it here, just use the search tool.

For anyone to help any further with your issue we are gonna need more info.
Any engine or CEL lights on dash?
Mileage on bike?
How long have you owned it?
When did the issue first start?
Any add ons like power commander or ECU flash?
Any recent changes?
Maintenance schedule (plugs, air filter, valve clearance check)?
Has the bike sat for a period of time prior to issue?

When you say "bogging" do you you mean it is cutting out like it isn't getting gas or so you mean it won't rev past a certain RPM?
I mean bogging by when I give it gas it lowers in revs around 5-6k

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check all the connections and wires to the throttle bodies , make sure nothing has wiggled loose. Also check for codes as the codes will tell u the problem plus some codes restrict the power if something has gone wrong. Could be that the butterfly valves for the throttle bodies arent in sync so they would slowly shut closed out of sync which leads to bogging when u rev the engine.
How do I check for codes?

·
Registered
53 Posts
A red malfunction indicator light (mil)
And the fuel Injection system (FI) warning light on the instrument cluster illuminate when the bike is running. A code will def restrict the power and revs to protect the engine from massive damage.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts