Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to create a post to start a discussion in regards to my 1000 cbr bogging at 8,000 rpm. It feels as if the bike has a rev limiter it's very strange. I've read other post about this but haven't found one in recent times that gives a clear answer to what fixed or caused their issue.

Bike details:
  • 2007 cbr1000rr repsol edition
  • 9500 miles
  • Sat for 2 yrs turned on a handful of times

When I got the bike:
  1. Fuel tank had a bunch of rust
  2. I took fuel tank off and inspected the fuel pump unit it was full of rust.
  3. Rust got passed the fuel filter and into the regular black box etc.

I changed the following:
  1. New fuel tank with no rust
  2. New fuel pump with fuel filter
  3. New regular (I couldn't get the black box that the regular connects to does anyone know whats it called?)
  4. Secondary fuel injectors
  5. Cleaned black box as much as I can (wasn't to satisfied with the way it stayed)
  6. Primary fuel injectors (Not yet waiting for them to come in)
  7. New 93 octane fuel
  8. I checked fuel lines they all look good

After changing most of the parts the symptoms still persist.

What's next in mind?

• Fuel pump unit Black box which the regulator connects to if I can get it
  • Primary injectors waiting for them to come in
  • Spark plugs
  • Maybe coils
  • Fresh oil and filter
  • Clean K&N filter (Might swap to OEM)
I'm starting this thread to have a discussion and hopefully help out others who may be experiencing this issue.

·
turbo everything!...
109 Posts
That "black box" you are referencing is actually a filter (internal)....it's more than likely clogged from the rust in the previous fuel system and causing your problem.... If you can put the bike on a dyno with AFR, that'll tell the story...I bet it's going lean in the upper rpm.

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000RR Turbo, 2002 CBR 954RR
99 Posts
Those stock filters clog up over time. If you ever saw rust in the tank, that filter is done. Do a fuel flow test to be sure. You need 189cc in 10 seconds or better. You can back flow it to clean it or just covert to aftermarket filter. See the last couple pages of this thread for details on flow test, backflow, and conversion:

·
Registered
4 Posts
After I adjusted the valves on my 2005 cbr1000rr I had the same problem. It ran fine till 8000 rpm. I checked my fuel injectors, they were fine. The problem was when I lowered my fuel tank, even though I was watching the lines, I kinked the fuel line just a little. Fixed my fuel line kink, and the problem was gone. Ran perfect after that.

·
Mike D
16 Posts
Have you ever lifted up the fuel tank or leaned it back to get at something under it? If so you may have just pinched the fuel line and the bike will run fine until you get past 3/4 throttle. Try that first

1 - 10 of 10 Posts