Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Bottom view of Laser X-Treme

5K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  1stjax1000rr 
#1 ·
Yep, this is what I'll be ordering!! I can wait a little while for it to come in, this pipe looks bad ass

These pics are from a 600RR

See less See more
#8 ·
hrvat2 said:
Just FYI, that's not what you'll be getting in the mail. Sorry :(.

The pipe picture above is the prototype and varies from the one that you'll get. What you ordered is still nice but not quite as nice as what's pictured above.
Well....THAT SUCKS! Why even post the pic then just to disappoint us? :(

What's different about the production model?

#10 ·
hrvat2 said:
Just FYI, that's not what you'll be getting in the mail. Sorry :(.

The pipe picture above is the prototype and varies from the one that you'll get. What you ordered is still nice but not quite as nice as what's pictured above.
For the 600's that's true. They actually have a ring-within-a-ring look from that back that looks crappy to me. That pic is actually pretty close to what the 1000's system looks like though, except the cans for the 1000 are tapered a bit more. Personally I think the setup for the 1000RR looks better than that picture.

#13 ·
Diggy said:
Just ordered mine today. I dont mind waiting a bit to get it in; I think the end result will be well worth the wait
How much? Where you order from? How long you gotta wait?
Did they tell you if it gets rid of the "valve"? Thanx

#15 ·
I ordered it from www.fosterrad.com Gonna be a couple of months before it gets in (Robert quoted "mid July") which I dont really care about. Sometimes you gotta wait for what it is you really want. Price was $555 + shipping. I'm not sure if it removes any valves though

#18 ·
Well, I hope it's not too different looking, but that's just B.S. when they're advertising one thing and shipping you another. Fook them if that's the case. I was gonna get the Laser for my RR, but then saw the pics of what it actually lookied like and even though it doesn't look bad it pissed me off that it was "false advertising". Post some pics when it gets in.

#23 ·
Cbr1000RR050 said:
Foster Rad told me that only the full system would eliminate the butterfly valve. Full system is still being developed.
Unless Laser put a butterfly valve on their slip-on and uses a different muffler/can on thier full system, Foster Rad's claim makes no sense. The exhaust system is basically 3 parts, Muffler, Mid-Pipe, Headers. The butterfly valve is part of the Muffler portion on the stock setup, so when you remove the stock muffler... bye bye butterfly valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.