Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i have this strange feeling to my lever since i get the bike.My bike has 9000km and is cbr 1000 2018 sp.

the issue is when i do the first brake the level travel much further then if i pump it many times.I did try to bleed but didn’t see any air coming out. No aftermarket work was done to the bike so far that i know should be everything stock. Also I didn’t notice any brake fluid leak.

what should i check?

i leave you the video of my issue
Brake lever travel

·
Registered
569 Posts
This is a very common issue on sport bikes with 8+ piston calipers and will always happen a little bit by nature of how the caliper seal behaves. Even on $4k Brembo mono-blocs the lever gets stiffer if you pump it rapidly.

Reactions: Fantasy0

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, i ordered a rcs19 corsacorta as i see that many did already. Do you think is gonna help?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I personally did not note a difference with MC upgrade alone. If. You can decrease the distance pistons move by using Brembo high temperature seal grease because that lowers how much the pistons can come out without slipping past the seal. That will reduce lever travel but its a lot of work taking out all the pistons. If the lever isnt acting up when you ride then dont worry about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you mean for a street road usage is it not worth the extra money spent on the MC corsacorta?

·
Registered
569 Posts
So you mean for a street road usage is it not worth the extra money spent on the MC corsacorta?
I meant no difference for LEVER TRAVEL. Worth it regardless of street or track because it gives far better feel than stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the full explanation. Can’t wait to install it? Any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thank you for the reply, i ordered a rcs19 corsacorta as i see that many did already. Do you think is gonna help?
I had a similar issue with my 2013. Upgraded brake lines, then upgraded to Brembo monoblock calipers. No difference. Got the same MC as you are getting and it was perfect. Weeks later after sitting I can squeeze the brake lever and it is as firm as if I was using it regularly. Plus it has some customizable adjustments for your personal preference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your knowledge on this topic, should i upgrade also the brake lines as i'm emptying the system anyway ? if yes with the ABS would be the same procedure as without ABS?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thank you all for your knowledge on this topic, should i upgrade also the brake lines as i'm emptying the system anyway ? if yes with the ABS would be the same procedure as without ABS?
On 2017+ bikes bleeding is similar with ABS. You should get braided lines because thats the #1 improvement for money spent. Galfer, Spiegler, Goodridge you have many options

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, i've ordered the keval/ergal form Fren tubo. It's a good price the offer also the carbon brake lines option

·
Registered
431 Posts
On 2017+ bikes bleeding is similar with ABS. You should get braided lines because thats the #1 improvement for money spent. Galfer, Spiegler, Goodridge you have many options
Spieagler don’t make brake lines for years 17-19, at least I could not find them.
These brake lines by Core Moto seem nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts