Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 1000RR and am wandering if I can use my Brembo 19x20 master on my bike. Not to familiar with the Honda calipers, I used this on my 899 Ducati with the M4 calipers.
1610590858044.jpeg
1610590858044.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much that will save me buying a lever now, mine was toast.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Only downside of that master cylinder is that Brembo glued the retaining ring in place so it's very difficult to ever rebuild it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah. It's intentional as they don't want you to rebuild their "budget" master cylinder. Straight from the product catalog...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is your bike a tokico equipped model? If so, then this is not the ideal size master for the calipers, but if it is anything like the 2016 tokico calipers i am using on a 03 zx6rr, which should be paired with a 17x18/20 master, you most likely want the 19, if you want a firm lever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou, I know it's all to do with piston size so instead of being lazy as I have been I will dig in. Thanks again

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thankyou, I know it's all to do with piston size so instead of being lazy as I have been I will dig in. Thanks again
I have an excel document for calculating the proper brake master for a given caliper,.. PM and i will try and send it to you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Which brake lines did ya’ll go with?
I have the Galfer superbike lines on mine. Two lines down from master cylinder wrap around forks and into caliper. The flare connection means you don't have to mess with copper washers every time the calipers come off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts