Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my '07 RR from the dealer today, as they replaced the infamous stator/rectifier problem.

I also had my front tire (Diablo Rosso) replaced, as they said the prior one was cupping.

As I looked at the sidewall to see the recommended pressure, I noticed that the tire had deep and perfect cuts (meaning they looked like they were from a box cutter and very near each other).

Mind you, my bike is always garaged, and when I took my bike home from the dealer, I made no stops - I went straight home. In other words, there was no foul play on my tires by anyone, nor would they have had the opportunity to make them so perfect, had there been an opportunity.

I left the dealer two messages, verbal and electronic.

I am writing in hopes that you will inspect your tires immediately after the dealer or mechanic hands over your bike. I would hope they would've done that, but I now know not to trust anyone's final word.

I'll go to a different dealer from now on.

I don't know about you, but I find that pretty damn scary.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like some flunky wasn't very careful when he unpacked the tires. Then the shop monkey that mounted them didn't bother to look at them at all.

You're a victim of a lethal combination of idiots.

Dave

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
yeah i doubt it was foul play being a dealership probably just hacked at the box with a box cutter and hit the tires

1 - 3 of 3 Posts