Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking to buy a 2009 CBR1000RR Repsol with 24k miles on it.
How much would you pay for one? The guy is selling his for 5.8k, all the maintenance was done on it and it has a lot of new parts (stator, chain and sprocket etc) and it looks brand new. The only this I'm unsure is what exactly is this thing hanging out at the rear of the bike? (Where the plates would be)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I currently have a 2005 R1 that I would sell and instead get that CBR since I am a Honda guy.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
A1 SuperMod!
964 Posts
I would advise reading about the potentially troublesome ABS on 2009-2016 bikes before diving into this purchase of an ABS bike.

It's a very heavy (20+ lb) system that is known to act up and cause unexpected lever behavior. Bleeding the system is a lot of work too, and doesn't necessarily fix the issues many riders have reported. Removing the ABS on the 2009-2016 bikes is a major task so would not recommend purchase of one unless you are certain ABS is what you want.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Some 2008-09 models burn oil. Ask him if it burns oil and see if you trust the answer. Do a search about that before making a decision.
That thing hanging in the rear fender may be a squid-like hanging license plate holder?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contacted the seller. He said the engine does not burns oil at all. I trust him the bike is super clean and it runs like a charm.
What's everyone opinion on the asking price for that mileage?
Thanks @rule62 for the precision :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
If the bike is good, in South Florida that would be a very nice price, but Canada may have different prices.
I saw 2006-2007 in good condition asking 6-7k. Don't know how fast they sell them though.
Have you been searching for some time? Check Cycle trader and FB marketplace to see what people is asking for similar bikes in your area.

Also, at 24k mls, the bike may be needing a valves check, which can be pricey. Ask the seller if he checked the valves already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts