Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I recently purchased a o6 cbr 1000 to my surprise I pretty much have had to replace everything . I am running really low on funds and can't afford a servo buddy or something like that is there a way to bypass the servo I was just informed there is no butterfly on the exhaust ? I have gotten to the point we're my cluster lights up and it turns over but it will not start I don't know what to do I bypasses the bas and kickstand sensors it primes gas am I doing something wrong

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you getting a fault light and code 34 and 35, although this wont prevent your bike from starting, does your pump prime every time you key in

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not a problem , just read the flashes from the Red light, do you have a Workshop manual for the bike?

·
BOTM Moderator
242 Posts
Ok I recently purchased a o6 cbr 1000 to my surprise I pretty much have had to replace everything . I am running really low on funds and can't afford a servo buddy or something like that is there a way to bypass the servo I was just informed there is no butterfly on the exhaust ? I have gotten to the point we're my cluster lights up and it turns over but it will not start I don't know what to do I bypasses the bas and kickstand sensors it primes gas am I doing something wrong
Welcome to the world of buying old bikes!

Search for the service manual. you'll find an 04 service manual but it will apply to 06.
It will tell you how to read the code and what they mean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I have the Haynes 04/06 it says everything but eliminate the sensors and everyone loses there mind 🤣

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rightyho, would suggest now going back to the BAS and checking that out, prove continuity to the engine stop relay (if need be swap that out with the fan relay ) the Sidestand switch makes no difference to the start up in neutral (only when you put it in gear)also have you bypassed the clutch switch, have you checked for spark, manual will tell you how to read fault codes and how to wipe fault codes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good sign i got it to "pop" ( pulled spark plugs they were fouled then cleaned em up put gas in and hit start ) kinda got her fixed thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts