Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a 2017+ base, ABS, SP or SP2 that has been Woolich flashed please check into this thread.

Please note in your reply the model of bike, if you put miles on the stock ECU before the flash or if you bought the bike with the flash so you never rode it with stock ECU.
Also note if you are street only or if you ever took the bike to the track - either before or after the Woolich flash.

I am particularly interested in any differences you may have noted between Torque Management intervention response before the flash and after the flash.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
2017 SP
Put approx 1000mi before flashing
Street use only as of now
Only issue I’ve seen in relation to the torque management, which I was meaning to ask about, is I’ve noticed anytime I trigger the anti-wheelie, I’m unable to change modes until I turn the bike off/on. The intended mode change will just stay flashing instead of actually changing when coming off throttle. I’m able to change modes normally any other time, but just notice it happening once anti-wheelie activates. Only modification to the tables I made was to have T1 act like T0 (to not need to change every start cycle). Once I noticed it happening I restored the original values and it still does it.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2017 SP
Put approx 1000mi before flashing
Street use only as of now
Only issue I’ve seen in relation to the torque management, which I was meaning to ask about, is I’ve noticed anytime I trigger the anti-wheelie, I’m unable to change modes until I turn the bike off/on. The intended mode change will just stay flashing instead of actually changing when coming off throttle. I’m able to change modes normally any other time, but just notice it happening once anti-wheelie activates. Only modification to the tables I made was to have T1 act like T0 (to not need to change every start cycle). Once I noticed it happening I restored the original values and it still does it.
Does the TC light flicker during wheelie intervention and does the bike still intervene on future wheelies before you turn the bike off/on again?

Do you recall if the bike behaved as above when it was stock?

And in the current state, what happens if you set the dash to P1 T9 and you try spin the rear wheel while under way? Does the Torque Management intervene?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Does the TC light flicker during wheelie intervention and does the bike still intervene on future wheelies before you turn the bike off/on again?

Do you recall if the bike behaved as above when it was stock?

And in the current state, what happens if you set the dash to P1 T9 and you try spin the rear wheel while under way? Does the Torque Management intervene?
No, I've never noticed the TC light coming on anytime the wheelie intervention kicks in, but it will continue to intervene during the same power cycle. I couldn't say if it acted like that prior to the flash since I didn't really try to get on it enough to trigger it before the flash.

I'll have to try setting the modes that way and see what happens, so more to follow on that.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
If I manage to secure an unflashed SP ECU I might send it out to various SP Woolich Flashed folks for testing back to back against their Woolich Flashed ECUs.

I tried to buy a new one and it looks like Honda have already discontinued the part number.
I managed to buy a new SP2 ECU that we are using for testing.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - we have confirmed that weird mode flashing thing requiring the bike be shutoff, appears to be caused by the Woolich flash. Stock SP2 ECU does not do that.

Maybe @Bevo can be our stock SP validation of whether stock SP can switch modes without shutting off the bike.

·
Hook 'em!
2,466 Posts
OK - we have confirmed that weird mode flashing thing requiring the bike be shutoff, appears to be caused by the Woolich flash. Stock SP2 ECU does not do that.

Maybe @Bevo can be our stock SP validation of whether stock SP can switch modes without shutting off the bike.
Never had any issue with this bike except for the recalled fuel cap. Switching modes is seamless whether on the fly or stopped.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never had any issue with this bike except for the recalled fuel cap. Switching modes is seamless whether on the fly or stopped.
That's pretty much what I thought - I recalled making on the fly mode changes on the stock SP2 ECU, and your confirmation of the same behavior on the stock SP ECU is leading me to suspect most of the TC issues with the SC77 are related to flashed ECUs.

We are having some final testing done later today - I hope my suspicion is not correct :(

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Yea, does seem to be the culprit so far. When doing a bit of research, I did notice in the service manual the note about mode changes cannot be made while torque management is active. So I'm wondering if once its triggered by an event, on some level it is still considered active, thus not allowing mode changes till you power cycle the bike. Let me know if you want me to try any other tests or make any tweaks to any of the maps/tables and I'll write it into my ECU to see how/if it affects anything.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Yea, does seem to be the culprit so far. When doing a bit of research, I did notice in the service manual the note about mode changes cannot be made while torque management is active. So I'm wondering if once its triggered by an event, on some level it is still considered active, thus not allowing mode changes till you power cycle the bike. Let me know if you want me to try any other tests or make any tweaks to any of the maps/tables and I'll write it into my ECU to see how/if it affects anything.

Not sure if this is related to your research here but I noticed pre-flash I had to come to complete stop to change user modes if it involved EB change. Post flash it’s all on the fly, I’ve a Commuting mode map & a canyon mode map with a change in EB among others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure if this is related to your research here but I noticed pre-flash I had to come to complete stop to change user modes if it involved EB change. Post flash it’s all on the fly, I’ve a Commuting mode map & a canyon mode map with a change in EB among others

Is your bike a 17/18 or 19 model?

You are able to change mode settings on the fly now? How about after an attempted change that leaves the settings flashing?

I know for sure on the SP2 we could change settings on the fly but post flash cannot. Now I do nto recall specific EB on the fly testing pre-flash, but I will have that test done on my stock ECU SP2.

*edited*

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Is your bike a 17/18 or 19 model?

You are able to change mode settings on the fly now? How about after an attempted change that leaves the settings flashing?

I know for sure on the SP2 we could change settings on the fly but post flash cannot. Now I do nto recall specific EB on the fly testing pre-flash, but I will have that test done on my stock ECU SP2.

*edited*

I have a 2017 SP

I was able to change EB on the fly post flash. I remember this from setting up my user modes.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it looks like we have narrowed down a similar behavior on the SP2 with a flashed ECU.

If you spin the tire or pop a wheelie then the mode cannot be switched on the fly, you need to stop and power cycle the bike or the mode display keeps flashing.
If you don't spin the tire or pop a wheelie during a ride then you can switch modes on the fly.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
So it looks like we have narrowed down a similar behavior on the SP2 with a flashed ECU.

If you spin the tire or pop a wheelie then the mode cannot be switched on the fly, you need to stop and power cycle the bike or the mode display keeps flashing.
If you don't spin the tire or pop a wheelie during a ride then you can switch modes on the fly.
Interesting indeed, wonder if this is an unintended side-effect that could be eventually corrected?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting indeed, wonder if this is an unintended side-effect that could be eventually corrected?
My bigger concern is that the actual torque management doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
My bigger concern is that the actual torque management doesn't work.
Yea, that’s a very good point. I haven’t been in any situations where I needed to rely on the torque management thus far. So if the lack of mode change ability is an indicator of an actual problem in that system, that wouldn’t be good. I plan on converting my SP to track duty down the road, so kinda want those systems operating correctly incase I DO need them.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
17 base model. Went with Woolich at 300 miles

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
If you select P1 T9 for and you grab a fistful of throttle, does the TC light flicker?

Can you change modes on the fly or do you need to first turn the bike off and on again?

Do you recall the date when your bike was done?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bike is basically put away for the season as we are cold in the north east

Yes I can change modes, I have to be in neutral though. I can be rolling down the road, shift to neutral and change power modes

I tuned at the end of last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll be paying attention to any findings as I've just barely picked up my 2018 SP1 the other day. I can feel already that a flash is in order.

I'll check back here to see what is found out!

1 - 20 of 136 Posts