Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Can a bad battery cause throttle issues?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bh0wdy 
#1 ·
Hey fam,

had this weird issue with a bad battery a few weeks back. I haven’t had a chance to change it yet, I know it’s old so time to go. But after certain amount of RPMs, the bike will go into like limp mode. Check engine light and oil light come on. After it goes back down, bike comes back to life and the engine running again.
Anyone have similar issues with a bad battery?

plan on getting a battery soon and hope this fixes the issue :/ but any other advice is welcome. Speed safe 👊🏼

#3 ·
lol god do i have an update for you guys. So the previous owner connected a battery tender plugin to the terminals, however the OEM hardware is not big or long enough to connect the tender to the battery and the nut in the battery terminal. So they made the hole bigger and used a bigger screw lol somewhere along the way, while i was riding, the screw got lose from the terminal so thats why i was having those intermittent electrical issues. Hopefully this helps someone else with similar issues to check the terminals! Speed safe everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.