Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....new to the site. Waiting on a black one, and I was wondering about the power compared to the current power king....the GSXR1000. I had a 01 GSXR and I miss it a lot. If this new Honda is even on par, I'll be happy. I know it weighs more, but from what I can tell you don't notice that. I do know that weight plays a part in acceleration. I enjoyed the "pull" of the GSXR as the revs climbed. I needed to get back to street riding, and I'm a Red Rider at heart, so thats why I went for the Honda. I'm more a dragracer than anything else, but thats not what this bike is intended for with me. I need it for the street. I know any of the new 1000's will feel slow to me, since I'm used to riding my Busa...1507cc with NOS. I know Honda has always had the quality issue down, so that doesn't worry me. I just don't want to buy this bike and be looking at the others like riding a 954 was to a GSXR. Any of you had a GSXR before and now ride the new Honda? Thanks for any help. :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've ridden a bunch of bikes before and I rode my buddy's busa a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure glad I bought the honda. I would say power is pretty close to the Busa with the feeling and handeling definately going to the Honda. The Honda just pulles hard. No dips or sudden rushes, just a solid hard pull. I love the power.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want a comparison to a Busa.....I need one to a GSXR1000. That is the bike I have some familiarity with. I'm not really a Kawi guy, but I do like the way the new 10 looks. I can always switch my dep. to a black 10. I doubt it though...the Honda looks to sweet!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
GBracer, if you had read any of the current articles out in the mags, you would know that the GSXR is no longer the king of the ponnies. It pretty much comes in dead last in every review I've read. If all your worried about is the ponnies then you might want to read the articles and make your pick from there. All of the current open class bikes are very close and alot of it comes down to personal preference. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: Can I get some honest power observations......comparison

GBracer said:
and I was wondering about the power compared to the current power king....the GSXR1000.

The current power king? Where did you read this?

To help you with your comparison I've ridden my buddy's 01 G1K with Yosh pipe/Tekka box and my bike is at very least on par with that in stock trim.

GBracer said:
I just don't want to buy this bike and be looking at the others like riding a 954 was to a GSXR.

Are you still referring to the 01 G1K vs 954, because I've ridden both and I sure as hell wasn't looking down on the 954.

If you take the average of all the articles out there, all of the new 1000's are making around 150-155 rwhp. If you are really concerned about having more power than that, and you as stated are not dragracing the bike, you are a much better rider than anyone I know. In which case, none of us are going to do you any good.

If you want to be a spec sheet buyer, buy the new ZX-10. Otherwise, buy the one that gives you the overall package you are looking for. For me that was the 1000RR, but I'm sure I could "Deal" with any of the new bikes.

Not trying to give you a hard time, that's just how I see it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No prob Nutz....I understand what you're trying to say. I've read a lot of what you've written on here on other posts and I respect your knowledge. Thanks for the input, I'm sure the Honda will suit my needs just nicely. I look forward to reading more on here in the future and contributing more in whatever way I can. If anyone has any dragracing questions, or extensively modifying a Busa, let me know. You guys are very knowledegable in the roadracing aspects. Thanks again.....Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
fun thread to read - if just 'cause i'm desperate for anything CBR - but really aren't we in the area of power overkill for the street?

i'm attracted to the CBR b/c from what i have read it has excellent power-to-the-road application

having seen the R1 "live" i do find that it's uber beautiful!!! and of course looks count so that is keeping me undecided, but i am going to look at the all black CBR this week: 10.9 OTD i was just qouted before deciding

i'm not knocking the GSXR or Kawi though, just don't move me for some reason

good luck with your choice and plz post some pics :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Im still in break in but I did hit the throttle in 2nd gear today, I think I was doing about 45-50 miles an hour and the front of the bike just rose up. The first time I hit the throttle before that I was amazed and horrified at the same time, this being my first liter bike and all. The second time was alot more fun!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Thanks GB, I'm sure your dragracing knowledge will come in handy with several people here. :thumbup: I myself claim to know nothing about it. I know two guys who love to hit the 1/4 mi. track. They both have lowered/stretched busa's with turbo's and bottle's. I mean I love to go fast as much as the next guy, but you guys are friggin' nuts! :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.