Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey RC45. The statement "it's best to know what you're doing" now has me concerned.

I have a reliable laptop and am a pretty sharp guy. I don't purport to be a genius but I think I can pull this off successfully with some help.

Are you gathering from my conversation that I shouldn't attempt to do this flash myself?
No, I am just being honest.
The flashing process does involve a destructive action on the OEM computer and there are people in the world that for what ever reason accept the risk going in but get very upset if and when something goes wrong and rather than just accepting the disaster and throwing more money at the problem they get stay mad :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement Apri11! Just read about your ECU recovery incident in another thread. Wow!

So I guess I'll open a ticket with Woolich to put a few of the million questions I have to them and explain what I'm attempting to do. Which is I guess wipe away all data from my US bike's ecu and import the various tables, maps etc., that come with the Euro version which have throttle restrictions removed. In assuming the Euro fuel map will allow me to get the most out of the bike also. Idk. But again about the question of fuel and or ignition mapping.....will that be done optimally through PVC fuel mapping and dyno or does it have to be done through Woolich flash/lamda/afr logging?

I'm done for a minute. Gotta get some rest. Thanks again fellas!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You may be over analyzing the responses.
Its complex but not impossible to do. There are possible failure points that even Woolich points out.
As with all electronic reprogramming efforts, issues can occur.

But as highlighted previously, twice, the process has been refined to a point where there are recovery mechanisms incorporated.

As to whether you and your tuner decide to manage the fueling of the bike via the maps that will be hard written into the ECU by Woolich or manage them as a piggyback action via the PCV after the fact, is up to you and your tuner.

You can do either - but the main point is that a piggy back fuel mapping solution (Powercommander) will only work on a US bike, if the ETV tables are edited and written back using Woolich - so you may as well ALSO use the Woolich interface and AFR logging components to manage the fueling while you are there.

But again. either of those efforts will require the AFR be logged and the data used to interpret the required changes to bring the fueling to you and your tuners desired levels.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
The work to develop the ultimate street-able SP2 package can begin in earnest now!

The SP2 that was the primary test bed to refine and validate the SC77 Woolich tuning interface is finally in Texas.

Now known as The Texas Express.... 1st order of business will be a baseline dyno and then we will begin work on our SP2 cam package.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Forgot to mention, the second act of the plot is to look at upgrading SP1s to the SP2 cylinder head while Honda still sells them as spare parts :)

Did I mention I have a plan in mind for including the SP2 ECU image??

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Yes, saw that. And the YouTube comm enter does have a point - peak power at 11.5k not revving past 12.5k? So why the remaining 2k?

I have questions, what gear was the pull don in? Although 199rwhp from an optimistic DynoJet 214bhp is not impossible. Even though it is probably closer to a real 192 0r 193rwhp rather than the full 199rwhp with only a 10% drive train loss. I mean we do concede some drive train losses would probably be more than 7% - right?

Also notice the how lean the factory delivers the bike - 15.2 AFR. Bet the bike pings at the low end but Honda don't seem to care.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah that Dyno run was questionable didn't seem right to me as well I'm curious to see what kind of power you pull out of Texas Express.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah that Dyno run was questionable didn't seem right to me as well I'm curious to see what kind of power you pull out of Texas Express.
I am hesitant to post last nights baseline - I almost think the bike is too strong to be representative of the average SP2... or these bikes are just this strong when tuned with decent pipes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am hesitant to post last nights baseline - I almost think the bike is too strong to be representative of the average SP2... or these bikes are just this strong when tuned with decent pipes.
Is there any difference between the sp1 and sp2 engine?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Is there any difference between the sp1 and sp2 engine?
Yes, the SP2 runs a different cylinder head.
Both are rated at 189bhp as the SP1 cams are more aggressive than the SP2 cams.
Honda paired crazy the hi flowing SP2 head with mild mannered cams and the more pedestrian flowing SP1/ABS/Base cylinder head with aggressive high lift cams.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This beast is healthy as all get up. :devilish::alien::)

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If these are all stock base line dynos why do we see 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 or more runs? Why so many runs? Are these operators trying to find the "best combo" of temp, tie down, tire pressure, gear, cooling air from fans and air conditioning and fudge factors?
Or are they using a Rapidbikes or PCV to tune or even swapping exhausts etc?
I don't see why the need for 16 runs "to get the highest number" if the bike is stock?

Either way - we ain't afraid of no ghosts.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
RC your WSBK build bike does it have traction control?
Yes sir, Its running the Ten Kate tuned/patched/updated version of the 2018/19 -700 HRC Kit ECU that includes Torque Management with
Per Gear adjustable Power Modes
Per Gear adjustable Traction Control
Per Gear adjustable Wheelie Control
Per Gear adjustable Engine Braking
Per Gear adjustable Quick Shifter upshift
Per Gear adjustable Autoblipper downshift
Launch Control
Pit Lane Speed Limiter
Rain/Dry Map combination setups that allow switching between 2 rider presets

Wow Texas Express is making some power 💪
Yes sir - now to do a cam upgrade :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes sir, Its running the Ten Kate tuned/patched/updated version of the 2018/19 -700 HRC Kit ECU that includes Torque Management with
Per Gear adjustable Power Modes
Per Gear adjustable Traction Control
Per Gear adjustable Wheelie Control
Per Gear adjustable Engine Braking
Per Gear adjustable Quick Shifter upshift
Per Gear adjustable Autoblipper downshift
Launch Control
Pit Lane Speed Limiter
Rain/Dry Map combination setups that allow switching between 2 rider presets

Yes sir - now to do a cam upgrade :)
Wow, that's amazing news! I thought the HRC ecu eliminated the lights, turn signals, and electronic Ohlins. Can we get the HRC settings on a street ecu now?? How about sprocket and tire changes in Sport kit menu? That would be awesome!! ,like a factory up map that Ducati and Aprilia do. I've been dying to mount a 200 rear and drop a tooth in the front!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Wow, that's amazing news! I thought the HRC ecu eliminated the lights, turn signals, and electronic Ohlins. Can we get the HRC settings on a street ecu now?? How about sprocket and tire changes in Sport kit menu? That would be awesome!! ,like a factory up map that Ducati and Aprilia do. I've been dying to mount a 200 rear and drop a tooth in the front!!!!
The above list is only available via the HRC ECU that sadly does eliminate all the street feature Ohlins ECS, ABS and all lighting :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
The above list is only available via the HRC ECU that sadly does eliminate all the street feature Ohlins ECS, ABS and all lighting :(
Damnit!!! I saw the bike had its lights on in the dyno video and I got excited when you said it had an HRC Ten Kate ecu.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts