Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a really good picture, but it looks like you should be able to unbolt the passenger pegs, and just reinstall the bolts... no?

I'm getting my RR next week, and I want to put a rear seat cover, and remove the pegs, so I have a good excuse to take NO passengers. If I'm never gonna take a passenger, then they just look silly and add weight :D

Has anyone done this? Pics?

TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leonardo629 said:
it's quite all right to just unbolt the left peg, but if you unbolt the right one, you'll also lose the little bracket that's used to hold the black right exhaust heat shield.....

you can always fabricate your own.....
I have striped my bike off the pegs and made this little "holder" in aluminum. Not allot off work with the right tools. Anyhow it looks great! The bike is not anyhow a bike that is made for two persons… off course it’s possible but I wouldn’t sit there :D

//Frank

·
Registered
9 Posts
no,but it hides the reservoir,when you take the peg off,then the reservoir sticks out.nothing to protect it.LDH i know you will come up with something so let us know,may be relocate down lower.u dont have to lose the heat shield if u dont want to,but the mid pipe LQQS good if u take all the shielding u can see the whole mid pipe.

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
I'm glad you told me that... I hadn't taken the time to look yet. The Factory Honda Superbikes have a tiny little metal machined reservoir attached to the master cylinder on the rider peg. Very trick looking. I will most likely be doing something very very similar with a 10CC brembo reservoir. Just need another week to get it all worked out providing my parts (rearsets, shock, cowl, PCIII, brakelines etc..) arrive today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lord Duckhunter said:
The Factory Honda Superbikes have a tiny little metal machined reservoir attached to the master cylinder on the rider peg. Very trick looking. I will most likely be doing something very very similar with a 10CC brembo reservoir.

LDH, I have considered a rear brake res. from a MX bike. Have you looked at CR or CRF lately? This mod would be truly sweet if it would just swap-out / bolt-on. I really need to get to the dealer and do some measuring and sizing. Performance really isn't an issue here, how much is the rear brake used anyway? Hill holder.

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
I've got a 10cc Brembo reservoir on the way. Should have it next week & will find an aesthetically pleasing way to mount it right next to the rear MC The fun part will be cutting that bracket off the subframe :shock:

Oh & btw I use the rear brake all the time. Nothin says I love you like locking up the rear wheel under hard braking & getting the ass end wobbling around with your best friend 2 feet behind you :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.